• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Quebec's Nadeshicon to Host Voice Actress Aya Hirano as Guest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sensei Terry Silver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I have going to Otakuthon for ten years but never went to Nadeshicon......damn. That's tempting.

Don't know how easy or hard it'll be try to book a hotel nearby and not deal with a ton of travelling. I could maybe go the single day pass route, but that'd feel like a waste though.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to visit Quebec City, which I haven't been back to since a high school field trip in 1990, but, unlike Montreal, it's outside of "reasonable day trip by Greyhound or VIA Rail" territory for me, especially since I presume her panel would be in the evening.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nala_Chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Sensei Terry Silver wrote:
I have going to Otakuthon for ten years but never went to Nadeshicon......damn. That's tempting.

Don't know how easy or hard it'll be try to book a hotel nearby and not deal with a ton of travelling. I could maybe go the single day pass route, but that'd feel like a waste though.

Booking for the convention in Quebec City should'nt be as complicated as for Otakuthon since it is not during the high touristical season.

Marie-Pier
Nala_Chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I'd love to visit Quebec City, which I haven't been back to since a high school field trip in 1990, but, unlike Montreal, it's outside of "reasonable day trip by Greyhound or VIA Rail" territory for me, especially since I presume her panel would be in the evening.

She will have a panel, a live show and two autogaphs sessions during the weekend. The exact schedule of those activities is not ready yet, but it could be interesting for you to have a look when it will be. Wink

Marie-Pier
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I sooooooo wanna go. I actually reside in the province of Quebec (even though I barely know how to speak French which is weird).

Aya Hirano is one of my favorite Japanese voice actresses and to have her come near me, I just can't let go of this rare opportunity. I'm going to see if I can book a hotel.
Soldat of life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:27 pm Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
I sooooooo wanna go. I actually reside in the province of Quebec (even though I barely know how to speak French which is weird).

Aya Hirano is one of my favorite Japanese voice actresses and to have her come near me, I just can't let go of this rare opportunity. I'm going to see if I can book a hotel.

*cough* https://www.nadeshicon.ca/en/accomodation-2019/ *cough* Wink

To think that at my first con I cosplayed Kyon in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya at Otakon back in 2007.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WbYATf97fg7NdxpB6

The world has certainly gone full circle for me. I miss animeonline.net (now dead...) that long ago introduced me to Anime News Network (will never die!!!) and that was my first step in watching hundreds of anime...and on a journey far more fun that I could have ever hoped for.

Maxime Girard
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dr.N0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Nadeshicon is a great con punching above its weight, and I hope they will keep at it! If you dislike huge crowds but still want the festive atmosphere, it is the place to be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1