• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill Novels

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
I've been following the manga, and I have to say it's among the better isekais I've read. It's quite laid-back so might not fall on everyone's tastes though. Thumbs up for the novel license. Smile
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:44 pm Reply with quote
oh i totally forgot about this, i was reading the manga chapters some time ago.
It didn't... immediately turn into a trashy isekai... yet?
I've read A LOT of isekai stuff that start really interesting but eventually devolve into something indistinguishable from their original form.
Heres to hoping that his isn't one of them.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:04 pm Reply with quote
If the focus is on how the modern food changes this fantasy world then it sounds a little bit like "Restaurant to Another World", which I really liked. Combined with a giant wolf on the cover, who I hope is one of the main characters, and I might have to check this out.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:07 pm Reply with quote
As I recall, the original title for this one had "Tondemo" in it twice. Very Happy Guess the author must've gotten embarrassed by that.

I wouldn't be surprised if it got an anime announcement in the near future, for that matter. It's the #5 story on Narou's all-time ranking, and all the ones higher up have anime out or in-progress anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1