• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jump Force Game Reveals Full DLC Character Lineup

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:05 am Reply with quote
I’m sorry, but I’m really not digging this DLC. No new series or surprises whatsoever. Or maybe the appeal of Injustice’s TMNT and Smash’s Joker have been that awe-inspiring for me.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:19 am Reply with quote
Pretty much confirming what we already knew since February....and is still disappointing.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:32 am Reply with quote
Aww... I wanted a couple silly sports people in my fighting game. Captain Tsubasa, Whistle, Prince of Tennis, or even Hikaru no Go could have injected some fun characters into the mix.
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:40 am Reply with quote
Before deciding to not get the game, I remember wanting Fat Buu, Seto Kaiba and Madara to be in the base roster (among other characters, but I digress).

Maybe if there's a sequel these DLC characters will be integrated into the base game.

...meh.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Madara and Law sound great, but remember, we could've had One Punch Man, Mob Psycho, and Promised Neverland characters...
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Animorphimagi wrote:
Madara and Law sound great, but remember, we could've had One Punch Man, Mob Psycho, and Promised Neverland characters...

Am 100% sure One Punch Man and Mob Psycho are not considered Weekly Shonen Jump characters.

Last edited by Яeverse on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Danny123100

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Animorphimagi wrote:

This is celebrating Weekly Shonen Jump, so, no, One Punch Man and Mob Psycho would NOT have gotten in. As they are published in Young Jump and Ura Sunday/Manga One. So those series are out. As for Promised Neverland, that's the only series you mentioned that is apart of Weekly Shonen Jump, so they would have had the opportunity to be in. However, Jump Force only released about a month after the anime started, so theoretically they COULD have went and got them for DLC, but most likely the reason they didn't is because they didn't want to go through the licensing to get a new series just for DLC.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how many people are aware of this but One punch man is in fact published in the English version of Weekly Shonen Jump. Still though, adding Saitama in will just end up ruining the power balance Laughing
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
I don't know how many people are aware of this but One punch man is in fact published in the English version of Weekly Shonen Jump. Still though, adding Saitama in will just end up ruining the power balance Laughing
English version of WSJ is not the equation of Japanese WSJ (OPM is running in the web magazine, Tonari no Young Jump) - so yeah, it's no matter.

But seriously, even the DLC Bamco hitting the bottom - with supposed to be a Jump game, it reduces the real importance of the other Jump series beyond the five Dragonball/One Piece/Naruto/Bleach/HunterXHunter even more, especially with three from this series along with MHA get their own games in just two years this generation. And that's a real serious mistake.
Dicku-kun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 pm Reply with quote
"Jump Force is a celebration of Shonen Jump"

and yet, 80% of the roster are from the last decade lmao.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:20 pm Reply with quote
... Honestly, I'd be a bit tempted to play this now because they're adding in Bisky. Although, at the same point, I'd probably also suck at trying to play because I'm not an Xbox/Playstation player. Laughing
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Dicku-kun wrote:

I think you meant to say from the 80s and 90s.
Black Clover, Boruto, My Hero Academia are the only series from post-2009 onwards.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:32 pm Reply with quote
The microscopic chance of Jump Force getting interesting is gone. Jesus christ the DLCs stinks, they're not even taking chances with other properties who didn't get a characters in the game.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Dicku-kun wrote:

More accurately, the roster is a lineup of series popular in the west (even City Hunter and Saint Seiya, which are beloved in Europe and Latin America). Really the only outlier to that is the rep from the Dragon Quest manga. They played it really safe with this game's fighters.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:53 pm Reply with quote
^Dai and Dragon Quest in general is popular in the Middle East so even his inclusion is them playing it safe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2