• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Nichijou Anime's Full English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 am Reply with quote
It's been a while since I've seen Maxey Whitehead in a dub. Where's she been?
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:55 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

Maybe she lives and works far enough away from the Dallas area that she can't really be involved in the simuldub output, which seems to be the majority of Funimation's work the past few years.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:59 am Reply with quote
Four directors? Geez. I'll check out the dub on the app since some of the clips have intrigued me, but I doubt I'll double dip.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:26 am Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Maybe she lives and works far enough away from the Dallas area that she can't really be involved in the simuldub output, which seems to be the majority of Funimation's work the past few years.

I think that is right. I seem to recall she might be a teacher now. I remember being a bit curious when they were dubbing Tokyo Ghoul Re because I realized that I hadn't heard her in anything recently until then, and I would guess an exception was made in order to reprise a role.
Steve Minecraft

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Still seems weird they're going back to re-release, let alone dub a bombed show from almost a decade ago. Surely there were more relevant series to focus on
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Steve Minecraft wrote:
Still seems weird they're going back to re-release, let alone dub a bombed show from almost a decade ago. Surely there were more relevant series to focus on

"Bombed"? The reason they're doing this is that the sub-only release was a big success for FUNi, presumably more than they expected.
Richmyster84

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 pm Reply with quote
can't wait to pirate the crap out of this!
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Richmyster84 wrote:
can't wait to pirate the crap out of this!

DON'T YOU DARE PIRATE. Watch it legally.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:31 am Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Steve Minecraft wrote:

"Bombed"? The reason they're doing this is that the sub-only release was a big success for FUNi, presumably more than they expected.
While I don't know sales figures I'd have to say that, despite my poorest opinion of Funi, I can't imagine they'd be so dumb as to either allow contractual obligation or faulty market surveys to prompt funding a full dub with a huge cast of A-listers for an old show with terrible commercial performance. (I think TopGun is right on that). I understand some people didn't like the show (I tend to believe they didn't "get" the humor) but I think there were a lot more like me that love the thing and will pay money to get the dub that I wouldn't give for any part of a show like AoT...
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:39 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Top Gun wrote:
Steve Minecraft wrote:

While I don't know sales figures I'd have to say that, despite my poorest opinion of Funi, I can't imagine they'd be so dumb as to either allow contractual obligation or faulty market surveys to prompt funding a full dub with a huge cast of A-listers for an old show with terrible commercial performance. (I think TopGun is right on that). I understand some people didn't like the show (I tend to believe they didn't "get" the humor) but I think there were a lot more like me that love the thing and will pay money to get the dub that I wouldn't give for any part of a show like AoT...

...... Is there a point to the random dig towards AoT? No seriously, is their an actual legitimate purpose because randomly crappng on a show in general does not help get your point across at all. It’s just immature & does the reverse by making you lose credibility.

Huh I’ve been meaning to watch this show. Seems like a good time as any.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1