• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon GO Fest 2019 Chicago: Jirachi Awakes!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrodoGate222

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised you guys wrote an article on GO Fest 2019. I actually went on the last day of the event and I personally had a lot of fun! Very Happy
Triltaison

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:53 pm Reply with quote
The Fairy Garden was a dead spot for me for about half the day on Friday, but they got most all the issues ironed out by the end and I definitely had an overall blast otherwise. I got my 5 special trades of 5 regionals I needed (plus Pachirisu), some fun new gifts coming to me from random places around the world, and a lovely pile of new Unown. Fun times indeed. Very Happy
FrodoGate222

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Triltaison wrote:
The Fairy Garden was a dead spot for me for about half the day on Friday, but they got most all the issues ironed out by the end and I definitely had an overall blast otherwise. I got my 5 special trades of 5 regionals I needed (plus Pachirisu), some fun new gifts coming to me from random places around the world, and a lovely pile of new Unown. Fun times indeed. Very Happy
Do you think your phone carrier caused that? I was on Verizon and I heard people with AT&T had a bunch of problems
Triltaison

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:06 pm Reply with quote
FrodoGate222 wrote:
Triltaison wrote:
Do you think your phone carrier caused that? I was on Verizon and I heard people with AT&T had a bunch of problems

It actually was probably not, though I thought it was for a bit. I was on Metro PCS with full bars for the whole day, and they run on T-Mobile's network. I kept hearing people having consistent problems at particular spots (the fountain was apparently a big problem for one of the carriers). I'm not sure if you were there on Friday, but they did actually shut down and reboot the whole network so no one was able to do anything for about 20-30 minutes until it reset. You couldn't click on or interact with anything during that time frame and judging by all the people around me reporting on carriers, it seemed to be on Niantic's end. After the reset, everything seemed to work then. I heard rumors of them moving boosters around or something, but I don't know what they really did during the dead time. It fixed my issues for sure, but the Fairy Garden continued to be a bit of an issue on one side for me. I had to do my Ralts photo on the very edge of the garden. The side opposite the lake seemed to work okay after the reset, though. Not sure what the deal was, other than maybe there were just too many people in one area.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1