• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Novel Club Announces Licenses of 5 New Light Novels, 3 New Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myskaros

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:34 pm Reply with quote
* They also have the Maou-sama Retry LN license.
* Combat Baker is in partership with Bookwalker.
* Altina is not a partnership with Tokyo Otaku Mode.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:10 am Reply with quote
Interesting Kickstarter they're proposing. Hopefully it goes well for those who want it.

I wonder why they'd go with the odd number 31 (besides it being what's currently available), especially with 32 being available by the time it goes to print.

I think 30 would be better to have 10 even books. Then make 31 & 32 print version (and maybe even some more if possible) as stretch goals for future delivery. Personally if I was going to invest so heavily in an ongoing series I'd want some kind of guarantee for continued physical releases.
NeoAnkara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:13 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Interesting Kickstarter they're proposing. Hopefully it goes well for those who want it.

I wonder why they'd go with the odd number 31 (besides it being what's currently available), especially with 32 being available by the time it goes to print.

I think 30 would be better to have 10 even books. Then make 31 & 32 print version (and maybe even some more if possible) as stretch goals for future delivery. Personally if I was going to invest so heavily in an ongoing series I'd want some kind of guarantee for continued physical releases.
There is actually 33 volume because it titled differently which is vol 7,5 & 8,5.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:00 am Reply with quote
Very happy about Otherside Picnic! I've been really interested in this one, hope it doesn't disappoint. (If only there was a physical version to go beside the book its title is nearly stolen from...)
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:40 am Reply with quote
marshmallowpie wrote:
(If only there was a physical version to go beside the book its title is nearly stolen from...)

Yes, Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky, the one the movie Stalker(1979) was based on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1