• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Eve x Eve GN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katscradle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Of those two, “Heir to the Curse” is the more difficult because it's also the piece that comes closest to crossing lines of consent. Although it is eventually given, the entire premise of getting the two women together is based on deceit on one of their parts, which makes it a little harder to swallow.

It doesn’t come close to crossing the line it does. spoiler[ First is a rape of several pages after one character is drugged by the other.] Imho the deceit is unnecessary for the plot as well as nonsensical with the ending. This chapter was also originally in an eromanga magazine like the other pregnancy story. Those two chapters were redone for the collected Japanese edition so they are much less explicit. If you want to talk about fetishizing relationships around wlm its hard to not see this as an example too. Each their own of course. If someone simply likes fiction such as this, I don’t care. And I’m not trying to put shade on adult comics either, I buy them. But I’ve been concerned how Eve and Eve is being marketed by Seven Seas and presented by a variety of individuals to potential readers. Even with the revisions, Heir to the Curse can be very triggering so concise content descriptions are important. As well several people I’ve encountered discussing the book are familiar with the artist’s work from the adult side, which is more graphic so it causes confusion over the anthology.
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:45 am Reply with quote
I absolutely loved this manga. Some of the stories are heart touching and I recommend it for anyone interested in yuri manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1