• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Government Launches Program for Overseas Anime Expansion

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I hope some anime that we're never shown in many countries like Jewelpet could be shown and/or added on Crunchyroll.
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Would love to see more children's anime or them help in anime being on more TV. Like another Toonami type block. Streaming on many platforms and not just a few can help as well. Get more audience is a good goal.
Crispy45

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:
I hope some anime that we're never shown in many countries like Jewelpet could be shown and/or added on Crunchyroll.

They pushed the Jewelpet toyline in America many years ago but never brought over the anime. I don't think Jewelpet will ever be released here, at least not a fully uncut release. Depending on which series you're talking about, some of them use a lot of copyrighted music.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:20 pm Reply with quote
So, it's a competition on who gives the best marketing speech, for anime, and the winning ones to be presented at a French animation festival ? Okay.

I honestly don't expect much, given how inept previous government-initiated initiatives have been. This 'competition' essentially takes something that should have been easy to accomplish by any reasonably major industry entity, and gives it a very convoluted, costly, twist for the same results...
wewhomustnotbenamed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:59 pm Reply with quote
this reeks "cool japan" all over again. out of touch old people want project money.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:52 am Reply with quote
With the awards being given in France, I guess that means the winner will likely be from there. Good to know.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:25 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
With the awards being given in France, I guess that means the winner will likely be from there. Good to know.

Are you talking about a French film or a French person being involved in one of the Anime pitches? Because there are other countries who won the awards in there, so it's false to assume that France will be the eternal winner.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1