• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ESRB Lists Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl – Gold Game for Switch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The ESRB lists Level 5 as the publisher.

I wonder what made them decide to publish the game Westward themselves instead of getting Nintendo to do it. Not that it's a bad thing.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:47 pm Reply with quote
OjaruFan2 wrote:
Quote:
The ESRB lists Level 5 as the publisher.

I wonder what made them decide to publish the game Westward themselves instead of getting Nintendo to do it. Not that it's a bad thing.

Based off of comments I heard, Nintendo has basically told Level 5 they're essentially on their own. Outside of Ni no Kuni, which Bamco intends to keep publishing and co-funding for International markets, after sales of Yokai Watch and apparently the recent Layton game, seems they want nothing to do with the company. Which is fair.

Yokai Watch is bizarre, since I know it largely sold fairly decently in Europe (and anime continues to do strongly, especially in France), but my guess is Nintendo's Western branches were banking on it taking off in America and that simply didn't happen.

But yeah, going forward, Level 5 is self publishing their stuff Internationally. Some stuff will also be digital only in certain markets, depending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1