• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Tokyo Game Show EXPLODES!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I'll give Capcom credit, that is at least a different take on asymmetrical multiplayer. I probably wasn't going to be too enthusiastic if it turned out to have been a more typical version where it was everybody vs. Mr. X, Nemesis, etc. since that's been done before, though this would probably have a bigger budget attached. Making it a more tactical experience, at least for one player, is clever and actually fits with how some of the enemies were sent into Raccoon City specifically to wipe out survivors.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I saw a little bit of new video of Konami’s planned mobile relaunch, with “Ultimate Mobile” versions of Beatmania IIDX, Sound Voltex, and Dance Dance Revolution, the first two of which at least appear to support external controllers. Can I just say, if there’s a way to connect a dance pad to an iPhone, no matter how dumb it looks, I’m at least willing to give it a try.

As for Deathsmiles, Cave did release that for iPhone, but they never updated it to 64-bit, so it disappeared a few years ago.
Zero-chan
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:12 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:

As for Deathsmiles, Cave did release that for iPhone, but they never updated it to 64-bit, so it disappeared a few years ago.

Actually, they just updated it about a week ago! I was playing it last night.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:05 pm Reply with quote
-Sakura Wars: Yeah, Sega is REALLY going all in with this revival. They went bonkers with the merch too, showing off figurines and model kits for the mecha. It's also interesting in how much of a following Sakura Wars has in the West despite only one game coming out over here so hopefully this is the title that finally gets the game part of the franchise (the main part of it!) a foothold. And if the new anime gets dubbed they should totally have Wendee Lee play Yasha (wink, wink).

-Resistance: Definitely off to a better start than other asynchronous multiplayer titles; at least the characters have different roles and who doesn't want to play a Licker? The trick is if the core gameplay will have enough variety to keep interest for players.

-Death Stranding: To be honest, I'm really not feeling this. I would not be surprised if this ends up being a giant turkey.

-Arc System Works: Yeah, they're pretty much the undisputed masters of cel-shaded graphics. Seriously, they're basically bragging about how much better they are than ANYONE when it comes to using the Unreal 4. Animators, take notes from these guys because THIS is the new benchmark.

-Nioh 2: Ah, good stuff. Interesting how this is clearly going to be during Nobnaga's early days (before he grew his beard and unleashed his true power!) so I wonder who we'll be running into during the game. Maybe we'll be part of his famous victory at Okehazama or when he wrecked the Takeda cavalry at Nagashino. If they want to get REALLY ambitious maybe we'll be seeing his entire campaign up to his fall at Honnouji. I managed to get into the closed alpha and the changes they've made are pretty interesting like the new skill tree and how the super mode is determined by Guardian Spirit. The dual hatchets are also REALLY fun to use. Got high hopes for this.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:25 pm Reply with quote
The new RE game looks kind of janky. The idea sounds good (it's L4D,but with a player being the AI director). It really depends on what they charge for this,for me to be interested in it. It's hard fore to get excited for Death Stranding. Kojima comes off as someone that works better with limitations,when here their just giving carte blanche to throw whatever wacky idea he has. I'll honestly be surprised if it doesn't turn out to be an incoherent mess.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:03 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:

-Arc System Works: Yeah, they're pretty much the undisputed masters of cel-shaded graphics.

...You mean besides CyberConnect 2.

Themaster20000 wrote:
I'll honestly be surprised if it doesn't turn out to be an incoherent mess.

I mean Metal Gear Solid could be an incoherent mess at times.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1