• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Launches Gundam Merchandise Partnership

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:07 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice if they could stream more of the UC Gundam too.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
food

Hope it’s onigiri!
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The series include Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, and Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Each of which aired in the US on Toonami, which is now a corporate sibling of Crunchyroll (under parent company AT&T). This would probably seem like a pretty random collection of shows otherwise, right?
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:16 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Quote:
The series include Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Mobile Suit Gundam 00, and Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Each of which aired in the US on Toonami, which is now a corporate sibling of Crunchyroll (under parent company AT&T). This would probably seem like a pretty random collection of shows otherwise, right?

It's not really that random. Excluding G Gundam being MIA, those are all the non-UC/SD series that have ran on U.S. TV. Though, Gundam 00 aired on Syfy and not Cartoon Network.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:46 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
invalidname wrote:
Quote:

It's not really that random. Excluding G Gundam being MIA, those are all the non-UC/SD series that have ran on U.S. TV. Though, Gundam 00 aired on Syfy and not Cartoon Network.

They are also the key series Sunrise has placed front-and-center on various streaming outlets. Moreover, they happen to be among the most mainstream-friendly in the franchise, each for their own specific reasons:

MSG/Origin: the first one (with still-iconic cache at hand) + a recent shiny retelling
Wing: the first overseas offering and likely still their biggest success beyond Japan
SEED: likely their second-biggest success & helped found a new generation of fans
00: first HD Gundam series and celebrating its 10th anniversary (and still easy on the eyes)
IBO: one of their very most recent and, similar to 00, made with an international audience in mind, and managed a good following, too
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1