• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Works With Disney to Release Star Wars: The Legends of Luke Skywalker, Frozen 2 Mang

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:20 am Reply with quote
Awww, c'mon! Luke is so boring! Give us a more interesting Jedi, like Kanan Jarrus or Ezra Bridger! Ooo, or Ezra's adventures after Season 4...
Commander Cluck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:01 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Awww, c'mon! Luke is so boring! Give us a more interesting Jedi, like Kanan Jarrus or Ezra Bridger! Ooo, or Ezra's adventures after Season 4...

Japan's primary interest in Star Wars is the original trilogy.
Kaori Makimura

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:30 am Reply with quote
Commander Cluck wrote:
Dessa wrote:

They have excellent taste I see. Nothing better than the original- it was why the books had so many hits among the misses. Well established and classic.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:05 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

Or that Jake Skywalker guy from Episode VIII that some fans are so determined to immortalize as his own separate entity! He was pretty beast in the end.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling this will be a testing ground for a potential deal in which Disney buys Viz Media and puts it under the control of Marvel Entertainment. If that were to ever happen, it would probably be the last acquisition done by Disney under Bob Iger's tenure (Iger is set to retire in 2021).
Reinheit Hezen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quote
This seems to be part of legends, i just want more canon series/comics like The Clone Wars season 7 coming soon
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Kaori Makimura wrote:

They have excellent taste I see. Nothing better than the original- it was why the books had so many hits among the misses. Well established and classic.[/quote]

Well established and played out more like.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:36 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
I have a feeling this will be a testing ground for a potential deal in which Disney buys Viz Media and puts it under the control of Marvel Entertainment. If that were to ever happen, it would probably be the last acquisition done by Disney under Bob Iger's tenure (Iger is set to retire in 2021).

I really hope not! Disney is too much of a monopoly as is! (With that Avatar...you don’t work for them, do you?)
Unknow0059

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:24 am Reply with quote
I find the idea of anime/manga related so closely to disney extremely repulsive. Even writing it out feels wrong.
OjaruFan2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:43 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if that ever happens. Disney loves buying companies that no one else couldn’t afford/doesn’t want to buy.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
CastMember1991 wrote:

I really hope not! Disney is too much of a monopoly as is! (With that Avatar...you don’t work for them, do you?)

Nope. However, I DID work for the Hollywood Studios theme park in Florida for half a year back in 2012 (It was through the Disney College Program).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1