• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Invaders of the Rokujouma!? Novels' Kickstarter Reaches Goal in 6 Hours

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:15 am Reply with quote
how about a season 2..
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:50 am Reply with quote
ShanaChanTT wrote:
how about a season 2..

Indeed, I would gladly donate for that endeavor should they decide to make one for it too.
marconii2002

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:08 am Reply with quote
ShanaChanTT wrote:
how about a season 2..

Never of course. If you want more buy and read source material.
Rob49152

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:17 pm Reply with quote
It's really too bad that there won't be a 2nd season. The season was pretty much just setting things up and getting the characters in the right place for the main story to start.

I always felt that if the last episode had been an actual part of the story with the play starting, Clan showing up to start a fight, Koutarou and Clan fighting and then ending off with them appearing to both die in the explosion only to wake up in the past on another planet. This would of helped sell the potential of a 2nd season.

As it was the last episode we average meh at best. Wasted potential.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see this campaign reach its goal. I enjoyed the anime, but I don't think I can drop all that money on I series I've never read and might not enjoy ~15 volumes in or something.

Hopefully this does well enough that they can also have the volumes available in a more general sense in the future.

Hmm, I wonder if this is why there isn't / won't be a season 2 (from the KS):

Quote:
Q: Why aren't we getting the Four Seasons book as a Stretch Goal or item for this campaign?

A: The Four Seasons book, which was included as a bonus item in the Japanese release of the anime, was paid for and produced by the anime production committee back in 2014 when the anime series for the Invaders of the Rokujouma!? was still airing. Unfortunately, some of the companies that were part of the committee no longer exist, meaning that it is near impossible to obtain the licence for them any more. Despite our best efforts at trying to get this item into the campaign, we cannot offer this as an item or add-on for the Kickstarter. We hope that everyone understands!

Emphasis mine.
Robiii

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Ill be able to buy it after the campaign ends. Currently dont have any money but would be cool to get 1 omnibus atleast.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
I wonder if Ill be able to buy it after the campaign ends. Currently dont have any money but would be cool to get 1 omnibus atleast.

They will be printing 1000 copies for each volume, and I would predict maybe 400 people will participate by the end, so some 600 copies of each omnibus will be left over to distribute to the usual bookstores.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm really glad this has such a loyal fanbase. I wanted to like it but ended up dropping the novels, but this always feel like something I could get into if I read it more casually
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

Hmm, I wonder if this is why there isn't / won't be a season 2 (from the KS):

Quote:
Q: Why aren't we getting the Four Seasons book as a Stretch Goal or item for this campaign?

A: The Four Seasons book, which was included as a bonus item in the Japanese release of the anime, was paid for and produced by the anime production committee back in 2014 when the anime series for the Invaders of the Rokujouma!? was still airing. Unfortunately, some of the companies that were part of the committee no longer exist, meaning that it is near impossible to obtain the licence for them any more. Despite our best efforts at trying to get this item into the campaign, we cannot offer this as an item or add-on for the Kickstarter. We hope that everyone understands!

Emphasis mine.

Well, that wouldn't preclude a season 2 since that would be a brand new work. Even with normal season twos there can be changes in the members of the production committee, and you even change character designers/studios sometimes.
What it does make difficult would be doing anything with respect to the original season's release. Like if the company that put the japanese bluray is gone and they had been the ones to commission the cover art, maybe that art's rights are in limbo, etc.
The show itself (since Sentai still has the license) I'm sure is still controlled by someone as I'm sure the rights to the master tapes are properly handled. But issues with rights plague older anime licensing: sometimes you can't get the rights to the OP or ED, etc... It's nothing unique to Rokujouma!?. In this case it was just a "small" disc bonus item, so it's not all that surprising no one went through the trouble to transfer full rights to it back to the author or publisher.
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I am glad they made it so quickly. I am still on the fence on which tier to get. I want the books. I love this series. I am up to 27 in the ebook version.
myskaros

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Nice to see this campaign reach its goal. I enjoyed the anime, but I don't think I can drop all that money on I series I've never read and might not enjoy ~15 volumes in or something.

To reiterate what was stated in the article, the first 22 volumes in their edited forms are available for free on the JNC site indefinitely. You've got the better part of a month to give it a shot if you're interested in backing and just need that last push! Worth mentioning that most people believe the story really gets good after like... volume 7 or 8? Basically, right after where the anime ended, haha.
NeoAnkara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:29 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Covnam wrote:

To reiterate what was stated in the article, the first 22 volumes in their edited forms are available for free on the JNC site indefinitely. You've got the better part of a month to give it a shot if you're interested in backing and just need that last push! Worth mentioning that most people believe the story really gets good after like... volume 7 or 8? Basically, right after where the anime ended, haha.
You can start reading from volume 7 if you have seen the anime since anime cover until half of the volume 7. You can backtrack latter and I can assure that you will want to after reading vol 7,5 , 8,5 and vol 10.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:48 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I hope the people pledging from outside the US realize just how crazy international parcel delivery costs are when shipping from the US. 10 omnibuses will weigh a ton though maybe they'll manage to get the volumetric area of the boxes relatively small and find a cheaper shipping rate through that means.

Rokujouma was a real fun series, but my favorite parts were the very beginning when they were all fighting over the apartment space and had various competitions with corresponding punishment games that was super fun to watch. Once the err, plot I guess, got going and everyone forgot about their competition for the apartment space I didn't enjoy it near as much.
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I just added myself to the list of backers. I went Invader Plus I wanted the boxes for the books.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1