• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Gather and Mourn Together at Kyoto Animation Memorial Event

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Hideaki Hatta is been really amazing throughout all of this. Such great leadership. I'm glad the love from everyone around that world as reached them
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:40 pm Reply with quote
What a swell message from the president of KyoAni. It is appreciated. I also agree with it fullheartedly. I hope that they recover from this tragedy and continue making great anime.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Munto taught us how to feel

Full Metal Panic taught us how to act

Air taught us how to love

Haruhi Suzumiya taught us to not take life for granted

Kanon taught us how to remember

Lucky Star taught us that it’s okay to like anime

Clannad taught us how to cope

K-On taught us how to be friends

Nichijou taught us that every day in an adventure

Hyouka taught us to examine life’s simplicities

Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions taught us how to live in two worlds

Tamako Market taught us how to be busy

Free taught us to be a good teammate and rival

Beyond the Boundary taught us how to cry

Amagi Brilliant Park taught us how to care

Sound! Euphonium taught us to follow our dreams

Myriad Colors Phantom World taught us how to reconcile the past

A Silent Voice taught us how to live, forgive, and overcome our demons

Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid taught us how to have a family

Baja’s Studio taught us how to protect

Violet Evergarden taught us how to be human

Tsurune taught us how to find purpose

And I can’t wait to see what 20th Century Electricity Catalog teaches us.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:32 am Reply with quote
^Hate to post after such a beautiful tribute, really that should be broadly disseminated. Just want to say "thank you SO MUCH!" for this article. It gives a little of the feeling of being there for those of us who couldn't but wanted so much to be...
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, Kyoto Animation. Rest in peace to those who have passed and my condolences to the survivors, their families and friends. I sincerely hope that they will all be able to continue recovering and living their lives as best as they possibly can.
ericarreza

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:04 am Reply with quote
Kyoto Animation is IMO, the best & greatest animation studio in Japan as of this date & instead of Studio Ghibili, KyoAni should be the Disney of Japan, and I'd noticed it that most of their works from the 1st anime series that I'd watched it is the spinoff series of Full Metal Panic: Fumouffu up to the latest one, Tsurune that you couldn't see some of the explicit scenes like nudity [except on their ONLY hentai OVA that they'd created it: Ane Yome Quartet & Full Metal Panic: The 2nd Raid] and guns/sword fighting scenes that you could see many of the anime series out there, KyoAni is quite conservative when they make anime series especially on the nudity & violence scenes. Probably that's their philosophy on KyoAni, they should make a high quality anime with less content on nudity & violent scenes.

This youtube video link that tells about the works of KyoAni as a proof of their success & ethics: https://youtu.be/BPzeO5iPJ4M

And one final note on KyoAni, that after the tragic arson incident to their company last July, surely they'll rise from the ashes just like the legendary bird, Phoenix and they could regain from what they'd lost on a tragedy like if they could release the new season of Free, Tsurune, Violet Evergarden, etc. in a year or two from now. And speaking of Violet Evergarden, they finally have a official release on the movie version & it'll be on April of next year. I do believe that the reason why they did that is not only because they want to take a recovery for the tragedy but IMO, they're probably want to shown it on the Cannes Film Festival this May and hopefully they could do that. If so, then who knows, probably [just probably] win a Best Picture or Palme d'Or Award as the 1st anime film to win that category & if the story is great, then it'll be a highly acclaimed one & ready for a global release & a chance to get an Oscars & Golden Globe Awards in early 2021. So cross our fingers. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1