• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Edward Snowden Reacts to His Cameo in Lupin III: Goodbye Partner

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Random anime cameo for the win.
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:05 pm Reply with quote
When I was watched Goodbye Partner, I'm noticed spoiler[ there's a female president who looks like Hillary Clinton] and in Part 5, spoiler[ even Donald Trump made a cameo ( with black hair and different name)] I'm wonder what would they say about their cameos in Lupin the Third on Twitter.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Best cameo used to be obama in air gear until the author of Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru fell in love with putin.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Talking about cameos or veiled caricatures, how about in Read or Die where the US president (obviously George Bush) is continually frustrated by the power of the I-gen and Joker of the British Library/England to the point of urinating in his pants? Talk about obnoxious! Also, in Dokuro-chan we see Condolleezza Rice and George Bush as well as Kim Jong Ill.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:57 am Reply with quote
Rice and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld appear in Blood+. They are negotiating with the villains to take over the world.

Donald Trump is transmogrified into one of his many antagonists, Amazon's Jeff Bezos, in the series Wacky TV Nanana. The Trump character is an agent of the American company "Nanazon" which has purchased a small, financially-struggling Japanese television station. Upon arrival he begins barking orders at the staff.

A variety of world figures appear in The Legend of Koizumi. It features former Japanese Prime Minister Koizumi Junichiro who heroically protects Japan by playing mahjong with the likes of the Kims from North Korea and the Chinese leadership. Koizumi's finishing move is unsurprisingly called "Rising Sun." The manga covers other matches with people like then-Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Timoshenko.

Perhaps the most surprising cameo I've seen recently is an appearance by Hello Kitty in the series Shinya! Tensai Bakabon, an over-the-top comedy about a family and their wacky friends.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:03 pm Reply with quote
There is also a woman who is obviously modeled on Nancy Pelosi briefly speaking in the Project Ito film, Genocidal Organ. And while not a cameo, in the Platinum End manga, one character wears a Trump mask.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Talking about cameos or veiled caricatures, how about in Read or Die where the US president (obviously George Bush) is continually frustrated by the power of the I-gen and Joker of the British Library/England to the point of urinating in his pants? Talk about obnoxious! Also, in Dokuro-chan we see Condolleezza Rice and George Bush as well as Kim Jong Ill.
They were not too kind to W. back in those days.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:08 am Reply with quote
Good for him! I hope they do use his tweet as a pull quote on the DVD/BR.

In American political figure anime cameos, there was that time Richard Nixon faked the moon landing on Time Bokan 24 (The episode is weird and wacky enough to watch on its own):
https://www.crunchyroll.com/time-bokan-24/episode-22-americas-moon-landing-was-staged-727823
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1