• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Quintessential Quintuplets Manga Ends in 14th Volume

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:35 am Reply with quote
Well if u try to extanded a series more than it should or could it would ruin it, at least he tried.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 am Reply with quote
Huh and right after being one of the years top 10 best-sellers.

At least it went out big.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:32 am Reply with quote
Nice to see it getting a proper ending. About how much has been covered by the anime? I'm curious if it could get the ending animated if it got a 3rd season...
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:36 am Reply with quote
So assuming the pace of nine chapters a volume holds, that should be... nine more chapters.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:29 am Reply with quote
Well spoiler[Yotsuba] winning wasn't my first choice but I can live with it. At least it wasn't spoiler[Itsuki or a harem end]. And hey, she was spoiler[the only Quint who was nice to him from day one.]
SuperRed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:43 am Reply with quote
I really loved this manga, sad to see it finish. It's a masterpiece, not just among romcoms, but shonen in general. And I mean it.

Covnam wrote:
Nice to see it getting a proper ending. About how much has been covered by the anime? I'm curious if it could get the ending animated if it got a 3rd season...

Anime covered the first 4 or so volumes. So yeah lots of content to make a 2 cour.
SuperRed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:10 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Well spoiler[Yotsuba] winning wasn't my first choice but I can live with it. At least it wasn't spoiler[Itsuki or a harem end]. And hey, she was spoiler[the only Quint who was nice to him from day one.]

Someone I talked to that I trust very said that "that girl" winning brings lots of plot holes, I recommend waiting especially if we have more than 5 chapters left.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
Ah, likely another ship of mine to sink this year. Would've been happy if I picked the "winners" for this and OreGairu. Laughing
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:45 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Boo. I wanted spoiler[Nino] to win. I would have been okay with spoiler[Itsuki] also.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:47 am Reply with quote
Y'know, people can kinda tell who won and who didn't by the length of those spoiler boxes.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Well I can't say I am surprised by this ending... spoiler[considering Yotsuba was the one he met 5 years prior to the series. The anon Quint is referenced almost every chapter if not every other. ]

Heck I am happy this series is getting a definitive ending. Yay!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:38 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
Y'know, people can kinda tell who won and who didn't by the length of those spoiler boxes.

Eh, while 3 of the girls can be eliminated by character count alone there's still 2 girls remaining, so ya can't completely tell.
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm just happy that it wasn't spoiler[Itsuki, the most generic girl in the series. I ignored the anime at first because I thought it was just another harem show, but was surprised that it didn't revel in the tropes and tried some different stuff. An Itsuki ending would have undercut what attracted me to this show in the first place - even my wife, who is familiar with anime but by no means a major fan (without me she likely wouldn't watch much and wouldn't go out her way for any) was able to peg Itsuki as the tropiest girl of the lot.]
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Gray Lensman wrote:
I'm just happy that it wasn't spoiler[Itsuki, the most generic girl in the series. I ignored the anime at first because I thought it was just another harem show, but was surprised that it didn't revel in the tropes and tried some different stuff. An Itsuki ending would have undercut what attracted me to this show in the first place - even my wife, who is familiar with anime but by no means a major fan (without me she likely wouldn't watch much and wouldn't go out her way for any) was able to peg Itsuki as the tropiest girl of the lot.]

spoiler[Itsuki is pretty inoffensive though, I would have been mad if Nino won because the entire first season she was a complete bitch] Miku all day
ThrowMeOut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:23 pm Reply with quote
As an anime only watcher, the desire to hit those spoiler boxes is insurmountable. Does my favorite girl win? The answer is right there! Hng!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2