• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seitokai Yakuindomo School Comedy Manga Gets 2nd Film in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:23 pm Reply with quote
You might want to add to the article that Sentai licensed the 2 anime seasons and a movie, and they have been scheduled to be released on BD next week.

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/pre-order/products/seitokai-yakuindomo-complete-collection-blu-ray
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:07 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
You might want to add to the article that Sentai licensed the 2 anime seasons and a movie, and they have been scheduled to be released on BD next week.

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/pre-order/products/seitokai-yakuindomo-complete-collection-blu-ray

Wow. My hope was always that Guni would get a hold of this and dub it because it would have been hilarious, but at least SOMEONE got it.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:14 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Wow. My hope was always that Guni would get a hold of this and dub it because it would have been hilarious, but at least SOMEONE got it.

I honestly have a bad feeling about Sentai dubbing this. I doubt many of their VAs can put in the same level of emotion that the Japanese VAs did especially when Sentai has a history of being hit or miss with their dubs.
Dfens

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:46 am Reply with quote
You can order it right now at Rightsuf they've had it in stock early for about a month now, only reason I haven't ordered it I'm waiting to put a big order in and add it to it. Came across it by accident looking at the upcoming titles.

I've been a big fan of the series for years it was a shame they didn't also get the OVA's as well but understandable since their is enough of them for a 3rd season and more.

Also the show is subtitles only so no english dub for this release.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:17 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
You can order it right now at Rightsuf they've had it in stock early for about a month now, only reason I haven't ordered it I'm waiting to put a big order in and add it to it. Came across it by accident looking at the upcoming titles.

I've been a big fan of the series for years it was a shame they didn't also get the OVA's as well but understandable since their is enough of them for a 3rd season and more.

Also the show is subtitles only so no english dub for this release.

I really dont care for Sentai's mustard yellow subs, but thats a very minor gripe. I very much plan on getting the release though. I will more than likely wait until Rightstuf's holiday sale.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:30 pm Reply with quote
This news is very nice to hear. Smile Now that some of the anime has finally been licensed for a home-video release overseas, I hope that Sentai can grab this film as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1