• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Resident Evil 3 Game Gets Remake on April 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonryu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:07 am Reply with quote
Oh, no... it's FF7R's Tifa all over again... why did they change what she was wearing! #NOT MY JILL Rolling Eyes

Yes, that was sarcasm. Because what Jill is wearing will probably be everyone's first complaint Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:37 am Reply with quote
BOY HOWDY THAT LOOKS GOOD!!
Not an RE fan myself, but my husband is a major fan. He's definitely going to be excited about trying to get this! Not sure if we'll be able to afford to get the Collector's Edition - unfortunately, I know for those, GameStop will want you to pay for it all in one go, which with the holidays is something we can't really do - but I know we'll be getting this pre-ordered for him regardless.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:55 am Reply with quote
Looks good. I do expect a lot of recycled content in there,given the quick release ( already saw a zombie model from 2 from the short gameplay they showed) Nice that Resistance is part of it,since I couldn't see that being something,that they could charge for separately.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
Looks good. I do expect a lot of recycled content in there,given the quick release ( already saw a zombie model from 2 from the short gameplay they showed)
Well, it's the remake of RE3, so of course they're using a lot of recycled content here and there even without the release being this quick — cause both are interconnected and happening at the same timeline, with some areas like police station included.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:49 pm Reply with quote
The announcement that Resistance is going to come with this game was a nice surprise. The previews I've seen all were along the lines of it being an interesting idea, but not one that seemed to justify its own release. I don't know if Capcom was testing the waters and decided to go this route after the lukewarm response, or if they might have planned it from the start.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
The announcement that Resistance is going to come with this game was a nice surprise. The previews I've seen all were along the lines of it being an interesting idea, but not one that seemed to justify its own release. I don't know if Capcom was testing the waters and decided to go this route after the lukewarm response, or if they might have planned it from the start.

It's likely what they planned from the start as Resistance doesn't look like the kind of game that'd be sustainable on it's own given the iffy reception to asymmetical multiplayer titles like Evolve, The Friday The 13th game, & Dead By Daylight.
Commander Cluck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 pm Reply with quote
sonryu wrote:
Oh, no... it's FF7R's Tifa all over again... why did they change what she was wearing! #NOT MY JILL Rolling Eyes

Yes, that was sarcasm. Because what Jill is wearing will probably be everyone's first complaint Laughing

They already said her classic outfit will be in the game. Although that doesn't really address the face model issue. But I guess that's what mods are for.

That being said her new outfit looks hella generic and just makes me think of Modern Lara Croft and makes me wish it was the default. Classic Carlos also looks so much better than the newer one. Oh well, at least it's actually there.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:29 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:

It's likely what they planned from the start as Resistance doesn't look like the kind of game that'd be sustainable on it's own given the iffy reception to asymmetical multiplayer titles like Evolve, The Friday The 13th game, & Dead By Daylight.

I mean, Evolve was definitely a failure, but F13 seemed to be doing okay but then any hope for it died due to the current lawsuit debacle over the movie rights not allowing any further DLC. But Dead by Daylight clearly has been successful, maintaining a good userbase for several years and they likely got a whole bunch of new players with the Stranger Things DLC earlier this year.
ronri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Commander Cluck wrote:
That being said her new outfit looks hella generic and just makes me think of Modern Lara Croft and makes me wish it was the default. Classic Carlos also looks so much better than the newer one. Oh well, at least it's actually there.

This. If they're going to change her outfit, at least make it visually interesting. At least Claire had her red jacket going for her even with the changed looks. As-is, Jill's design looks really generic, and modern Lara Croft definitely comes into mind. Also I still don't get the radically different design/visual for Carlos.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Commander Cluck wrote:

Classic Carlo looks like a generic character who gets killed early in a horror story........spoiler[like Brad.]

doctordoom85 wrote:

I mean, Evolve was definitely a failure, but F13 seemed to be doing okay but then any hope for it died due to the current lawsuit debacle over the movie rights not allowing any further DLC. But Dead by Daylight clearly has been successful, maintaining a good userbase for several years and they likely got a whole bunch of new players with the Stranger Things DLC earlier this year.

Oh make no mistake you're right but it's had a mixed reception kinda like Resident Evil 6.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1