• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Australia's Madman Anime Group Launches Fundraiser for Wildfire-Affected Animals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Just a slight typo, its Australian Broadcasting Corporation, not Australia Broadcasting Company.

Good to see Madman doing this, and getting the others on board to help promote it. And as an Aussie, thank you to all of those here which have helped out through donations and such. We have gotten a decent downpour over the last few days which has helped, but we are still within the fire season, unfortunately
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Although the air is much clearer now, I can still see smoke haze over Melbourne from my 10th floor vantage point. At it's worst last week it was like a thick fog, but smellier, of course.

The entire range of some rare native animals have been burnt out. Scientists fear some may have gone extinct.

Full marks to Madman.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1