• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Anime's Video Previews 'Last Season'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:32 am Reply with quote
I case anyone was wondering, "Last Season" just means last season of the Alicization Arc not SAO in general.
L11K

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:41 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
I case anyone was wondering, "Last Season" just means last season of the Alicization Arc not SAO in general.

But in a way it is the "Last season"(For now) of SAO (adapted from the novel) there won't be new sao adaptations for a while since the new arc (Unital Ring) just started.

But that is just pedantic of my part.

The whole Season 3 was splitted into 4 cours, this being the last one.

Now to wait and see if they adapt more GGO:A or maybe, somehow, some SAO Progressive (please, please).

I just wouldn't expect anything from the main novel for a while.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:56 am Reply with quote
L11K wrote:
Now to wait and see if they adapt more GGO:A or maybe, somehow, some SAO Progressive (please, please).

A Progressive adaption would be cool, as well as a adaption of the Girls' Ops manga.
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:05 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:

Let us hope it is for good, even if not intended that way. It is better that way.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Personally I understand why lots of people enjoy SAO since it a modern version of the heroes story. SAO is one of the few late night anime franchises to have over a hundred episodes, when including the GGO spin off, and that allows it to have a vast world that isn't possible with most adaptations that only get a single cour anime. The trailer for the last cour of Alicization is looking great and this story arc has dealt with some ideas that are usually only seen in the cyberpunk genre.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:48 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
L11K wrote:

A Progressive adaption would be cool, as well as a adaption of the Girls' Ops manga.

Progressive makes a lot of sense, but adapting the spinoffs could definitely keep SAO consistently on air while the main book goes through the current arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1