• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: We Never Learn Manga Ends 'Shimmering Ebony Mermaid Princess' Arc, Starts 'Parallel Story' Cha

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prinnybomb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:21 am Reply with quote
Super cool! Kinda wish more harem authors explored this type of ending.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:40 am Reply with quote
Noice

Now I can see him end up with Sensei
micah007

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:46 am Reply with quote
Man I can't wait to see his ending with Mafuyu lol
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:51 am Reply with quote
TeamKirisu!!!!! yas. Best for last.
CerberusTheWise

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:26 am Reply with quote
At the end of the bokuben anime, spoiler[ it was heavily implied that takemoto was going to be the girl that won in the end, even before the manga reached its conclusion. Now with the what if series explicitly detailing alternate endings for everyone except Uraka Takemoto, this is pretty much confirmed. ]

Happy for the what if stories, but not sure what to feel about the anime spoiling it for even the manga readers.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:49 am Reply with quote
On one hand I have a liking towards Uraka, so learning that there was an arc that was center around her is neat and I kind of would like to read it, but on the other hand I was annoyed with the anime adaptation of We Never Learn because of it's sense of humor. Do you think it would be a good idea if I can skip to reading this arc, or do I have to read the whole series up to this point first?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
On one hand I have a liking towards Uraka, so learning that there was an arc that was center around her is neat and I kind of would like to read it, but on the other hand I was annoyed with the anime adaptation of We Never Learn because of it's sense of humor. Do you think it would be a good idea if I can skip to reading this arc, or do I have to read the whole series up to this point first?

There's really not much you're missing if you didn't find the one-off harem hijinks funny in the anime, so if you're curious you can just start reading at chapter 140 through 150 to get everything you need from her arc.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:

If you only care about Uruka then you can just from chapter 140 to chapter 150.

But I recommend starting from chapter 69 (where season 2 school festival arc ends). There are a fair amount of good stories that the anime will never adapt and why Sensei is the most popular.
Skyletv

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I like the idea, I've always wanted an author to do this. I just hope he gives enough time to each route.
Kisuke525

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:01 pm Reply with quote
CerberusTheWise wrote:
At the end of the bokuben anime, spoiler[ it was heavily implied that takemoto was going to be the girl that won in the end, even before the manga reached its conclusion. Now with the what if series explicitly detailing alternate endings for everyone except Uraka Takemoto, this is pretty much confirmed. ]

Happy for the what if stories, but not sure what to feel about the anime spoiling it for even the manga readers.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying but there is no true ending. The author said whichever ending you like is the true ending. That's why it said route 1/5 when this one ended.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:18 pm Reply with quote
This is why most harem anime/manga SHOULD have multiple endings for each heroines a la Amagami/KimiKiss manga/anime.

EDIT: If the male character gets all heroines as a harem ending, same goes for the reverse-harem (some of 'em are from fantasy/isekai anime/manga), that's great. No cop out as well.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:20 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:

There's really not much you're missing if you didn't find the one-off harem hijinks funny in the anime, so if you're curious you can just start reading at chapter 140 through 150 to get everything you need from her arc.

Soulwarfare wrote:

If you only care about Uruka then you can just from chapter 140 to chapter 150.

But I recommend starting from chapter 69 (where season 2 school festival arc ends). There are a fair amount of good stories that the anime will never adapt and why Sensei is the most popular.

Okay! Thanks you two! Smile This would be unprecedented of me to skip to a particular arc of a story instead of reading the whole thing, but I think I would attempt to do just that. However is this implying that We Never Learn gets better story-wise, Soulwarfare?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dark Absol wrote:
This is why most harem anime/manga SHOULD have multiple endings for each heroines a la Amagami/KimiKiss manga/anime.

If the male character gets all heroines as a harem ending, same goes for the reverse-harem (some of 'em are from fantasy/isekai anime/manga), that's great. No cop out as well.

I think the latter option which the protagonist gets all the women/men is more fitting for the sub genre as it would be more align with the idea of a harem. As for the former, I think this idea world be best suited in the video game medium (particularly visual novels). With that said I can see a writer deciding to write multiple endings for his or her harem story. It would be like reading what if scenarios.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:54 pm Reply with quote
This kind of reminds me of Kimi No Iru Machi (A Town Where You Live) where the author did special one-shot chapters showing Haruto ending up with different Heroines and their subsequent sex life.
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Since the Uruka arc was first, one could claim that it's the most canon, but I'm bummed that there's no Sekijou arc planned..... Sad
partysensei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:30 pm Reply with quote
tywhoppity wrote:
Since the Uruka arc was first, one could claim that it's the most canon, but I'm bummed that there's no Sekijou arc planned..... Sad

yeah =( well at least this type of endings make more acceptable for other artist make different types of non official endings for the story.
It seems we have to wait or maybe we see her in the Rizu ending?! xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2