• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga Takes Japan's Entire Weekly Top 10 for 1 Full Month

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hinotoumei

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:26 am Reply with quote
yes, because One piece is too busy telling stories everyone already knows the details and outcome too instead of progressing along with the main storyline..

wish ODa had bothered to do this when Ace blackbeard fought, whitebeard shanks fought..
even the whole battle in Marijoa during the reverie never got any highlights other than characters saying what happened.

NOW YOU'RE GOING TO WASTE OUR TIME WITH 7 MONTHS OF FLASHBACK FOR CHARACTERS THAT DEAD TELLING US INFORMATION THAT WE ALREADY KNEW?

well, except for English only speaking people who couldn't tell that Raftel was actually Laughtale..

literally..only new piece of information provided (other than Oden fighting a boar) that we've learned in 7 months..

like this is just unacceptable. At least grey terminal had a purpose..

this is nothing but filler arc because you are trying to extend the length of the manga..

great..extend it's length..do that..but at least give us new and original stories and plot elements instead of rehashing everything we've already been told.

Like..could you not have shown us what went down at the reverie?

No offense to Demon Slayer..but it's quite mysterious that it's become so popular during the 7 months that One Piece has been disappointing fans. sure that's not the only reason..

but personally I could care less about Most manga currently being published other than One piece detective conan and maybe a few others..
yourancestor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:30 am Reply with quote
Hinotoumei wrote:

NOW YOU'RE GOING TO WASTE OUR TIME WITH 7 MONTHS OF FLASHBACK FOR CHARACTERS THAT DEAD TELLING US INFORMATION THAT WE ALREADY KNEW?

like this is just unacceptable.

Complain so much! if you got problem with how One Piece is progressing and find it unacceptable, stop reading it then, I believe no one out there pointing a gun at you forcing you to read! And please DON'T USE "Our" when saying [NOW YOU'RE GOING TO WASTE OUR TIME] because I very much ENJOY the flashback! Keep all your crap nonsense to yourself! Anyway, when you said [like this is just unacceptable.] you seriously think you are Oda boss or what! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by yourancestor on Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
Qulex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:51 am Reply with quote
Hinotoumei wrote:
yes, because One piece is too busy telling stories everyone already knows the details and outcome too instead of progressing along with the main storyline..

wish ODa had bothered to do this when Ace blackbeard fought, whitebeard shanks fought..
even the whole battle in Marijoa during the reverie never got any highlights other than characters saying what happened.

well, except for English only speaking people who couldn't tell that Raftel was actually Laughtale..

literally..only new piece of information provided (other than Oden fighting a boar) that we've learned in 7 months..

like this is just unacceptable. At least grey terminal had a purpose..

this is nothing but filler arc because you are trying to extend the length of the manga..

great..extend it's length..do that..but at least give us new and original stories and plot elements instead of rehashing everything we've already been told.

Like..could you not have shown us what went down at the reverie?

No offense to Demon Slayer..but it's quite mysterious that it's become so popular during the 7 months that One Piece has been disappointing fans. sure that's not the only reason..

but personally I could care less about Most manga currently being published other than One piece detective conan and maybe a few others..

Did Oda kick your dog or something? I haven't seen so much nonsense in one single post in a long time. And for the love of god please speak for yourself, "our time" my ass. Many people sour on it seem to be foreign readers creating a self-perpetuating aura of sourness based on unfulfilled personal predictions, theories, and expectations on what they want & not what runs par for One Piece.

Also where did you get the 7 months from? The flashback started late October.

"only new piece of information provided (other than Oden fighting a boar) that we've learned in 7 months"
This is a straight up lie, so that you can push your narrative. But if you did some actual research you would know that Oda explicitly said that he had to carefully balance the flashback in order not to reveal too much info. Even then where does it say that a flashback is supposed to provide tons of new info? It's not like most other flashbacks ever did that. In most cases they are supposed to give more context about past events and characters. Oden flashback has had a purpose, but you somehow missed it,

"because you are trying to extend the length of the manga.."
Sure. It's not like Oda wants to end the series in 5 years, it's not like even the editors acknowledged the fast pacing.

There's no correlation between Demon Slayer and OP. AGAIN if you did some actual research you would know how popular Wano in Japan is, it's a top 5 arc according to various official polls and staff interviews (both anime & manga staff). Demon Slayer's popularity exploded after episode 19.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Let that idiot ramble as much as he wants, it's so obviously just a bunch of bullshit that I really wonder why he even bothered typing it.
And also pretty off topic as the whole Wano arc would be an argument for One Piece when it comes to sales.
kae kurono

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
[quote="Hinotoumei"]yes, because One piece is too busy telling stories everyone already knows the details and outcome too instead of progressing along with the main storyline..

I'm glad someone else pointed out more or less what i'm feeling reading the current arc in one piece i don't find this flash back particularly interesting its like oda is retreading old ground again almost as if oda has done this before but worst this time, most of the new cast is completely bland and boring to me almost as if they are redesigns of previous characters & previous character tropes oda likes to typically write.

For the current villain for example Orochi is just portrayed just plain all evil and scummy & that's it, even tho oda has attempted to justify why he's like this a little, but it just feels unnatural & artificial to me there's nothing about the character that feels genuine just a easy & simple character to easily hate on almost as if he has no depth that makes him seem understandable.

Its like every new character in this arc feels all basic or black & white not a single sense of ambiguity or shades of gray anywhere in the story to me like everyone is playing a basic good guy & bad guy role and being carried around by the whims of the plot.

But whatever those are my thoughts on the current arc right now.

I think everyone in this post responding to Hinotoumei rant post is a bit hypocritical, toxic and out of line & not much better than he is.

I also find it odd when someone does critically criticize some of the suspect & weird writing of oda's story telling direction fan response is typically "meh stop Reading than" i don't really see this level of toxic defending of a manga series other than one piece to me, i really don't get you guys who act like when someone criticizes one piece doesn't matter if it's destructive criticism or intelligently most one piece fans respond with an attitude that comes off across as "how DARE you have a problem with the wano arc". everyone after Hinotoumei's rant post should just chill don't be just as toxic or worst than he is, he wasn't personally attacking you.

And personally yes i do find this Oden flashback weak as well its not impressive anymore in the slightest to me.
Qulex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:50 am Reply with quote
[quote="kae kurono"]
Quote:
Hinotoumei wrote:

I'm glad someone else pointed out more or less what i'm feeling reading the current arc in one piece i don't find this flash back particularly interesting its like oda is retreading old ground again almost as if oda has done this before but worst this time, most of the new cast is completely bland and boring to me almost as if they are redesigns of previous characters & previous character tropes oda likes to typically write.

For the current villain for example Orochi is just portrayed just plain all evil and scummy & that's it, even tho oda has attempted to justify why he's like this a little, but it just feels unnatural & artificial to me there's nothing about the character that feels genuine just a easy & simple character to easily hate on almost as if he has no depth that makes him seem understandable.

Its like every new character in this arc feels all basic or black & white not a single sense of ambiguity or shades of gray anywhere in the story to me like everyone is playing a basic good guy & bad guy role and being carried around by the whims of the plot.

But whatever those are my thoughts on the current arc right now.

I think everyone in this post responding to Hinotoumei rant post is a bit hypocritical, toxic and out of line & not much better than he is.

I also find it odd when someone does critically criticize some of the suspect & weird writing of oda's story telling direction fan response is typically "meh stop Reading than" i don't really see this level of toxic defending of a manga series other than one piece to me, i really don't get you guys who act like when someone criticizes one piece doesn't matter if it's destructive criticism or intelligently most one piece fans respond with an attitude that comes off across as "how DARE you have a problem with the wano arc". everyone after Hinotoumei's rant post should just chill don't be just as toxic or worst than he is, he wasn't personally attacking you.

And personally yes i do find this Oden flashback weak as well its not impressive anymore in the slightest to me.

"I think everyone in this post responding to Hinotoumei rant post is a bit hypocritical, toxic and out of line & not much better than he is."

But you're also glad that this "toxic" person who literally made up lies mentioned something that you agree with??????? They made their post to shit-stir, none of that was constructive criticism. You can criticize the writing as much as you want, but no one is gonna take you seriously if you just present poorly thought out points without examples.

Like this: "oda is retreading old ground again almost as if oda has done this before but worst this time, most of the new cast is completely bland and boring to me almost as if they are redesigns of previous characters" Anyone can throw that out, how are Queen, Ashura, Kiku, Kawamatsu and Kyoshiro redesigns of previous characters? Am I not seeing something? See how much of a better character Shinobu has become after this flashback. Even a seeminlgy random character like Gyukimaru had his own story.

Regarding Orochi, I recommend you watching some analysis videos on his character. You say nothing about the character feels genuine, I mean a persecution and genocide of his clan would mess you up, especially when you're a kid. No offence, but it comes across that you missed a lot about these characters that you call bland. Anyway if Oden flashback is weak, then no flashback is strong. But to each their own. I guess that's the problem of reading the series weekly with lots of breaks inbetween.
Qulex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:59 am Reply with quote
So you didn't prove how those characters are redesigns of other characters and other things I asked you about. As expected you were full of shit too.
kae kurono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But you're also glad that this "toxic" person who literally made up lies mentioned something that you agree with??????? They made their post to shit-stir, none of that was constructive criticism. You can criticize the writing as much as you want, but no one is gonna take you seriously if you just present poorly thought out points without examples.

Quote:
You can criticize the writing as much as you want, but no one is gonna take you seriously if you just present poorly thought out points without examples.

Well that's not true at all other fans have made similar criticisms on this arc's writing in one piece that got taken VERY seriously on other websites, he's not the only one buddy.

Yes i am glad but his opinion was genuine criticism to me because he's not the only who finds one piece annoying to read at certain times, just because "he didn't provide any examples" doesn't mean his criticism doesn't have any merits even if he doesn't provide the "examples" you wanted him or me to provide, it just sounds like your bittier about his opinion.

Quote:
Like this: "oda is retreading old ground again almost as if oda has done this before but worst this time, most of the new cast is completely bland and boring to me almost as if they are redesigns of previous characters" Anyone can throw that out, how are Queen, Ashura, Kiku, Kawamatsu and Kyoshiro redesigns of previous characters? Am I not seeing something? See how much of a better character Shinobu has become after this flashback. Even a seeminlgy random character like Gyukimaru had his own story.

Regarding Orochi, I recommend you watching some analysis videos on his character. You say nothing about the character feels genuine, I mean a persecution and genocide of his clan would mess you up, especially when you're a kid. No offence, but it comes across that you missed a lot about these characters that you call bland. Anyway if Oden flashback is weak, then no flashback is strong. But to each their own. I guess that's the problem of reading the series weekly with lots of breaks inbetween.
[/quote]

Ok i see i could have swoon it was some random bandits that attacked his family but whatever maybe i'm wrong its best to understand that one piece's translation is most likely poor from the fan scans i read it from, maybe its a good portion of the arc the official translation should show that when they come around.

Quote:
So you didn't prove how those characters are redesigns of other characters and other things I asked you about. As expected you were full of shit too.

I won't prove it ether because its my opinion its a one off comment no less not a serious analysis or essay because that's a lot of work and i don't care all that much about one piece in general i read it casually, i don't find it all that captivating in comparison to hxh or other manga i read a lot that's all there is to it so just deal with it. Don't like that? too bad stay off the internet i guess or don't read my comment.
i will say tho i made a mistake by saying the new cast are redesigns of previous characters which they are not i meant they are too simplistic, predictable and boring
in terms of characterization though out the flashback and i'm mainly referring to oden & his crew just to clarify.

Quote:
As expected you were full of shit too.
[/quote]
Your upset you should chill, your being toxic yet again with all this unnecessary profanity & anger i didn't hurt you personally in any shape or form i criticize one piece a manga not shit in your cereal. Grow up.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I’m not sure why some fans find it inconceivable that some people might actually enjoy Demon Slayer that people have to attack One Piece to explain it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1