• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Golden Kamuy Manga's 23rd Volume Gets New Original Video Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I sure wasn't expecting this arc to get animated, even as an OVA. Series director Hitoshi Nanba once tweeted that it couldn't be adapted for TV because it features spoiler[animal rape and slaughter].
awkweird

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:44 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! I love this arc lol Anime hyper
Anehata is one of the sickest dudes in the whole series!
(yea, that's saying a lot if you can recall some of the notorious ones like that taxidermist >__<)
I never thought this part would ever get animated, but here we are with this wonderful news LOL!
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:23 am Reply with quote
I wish they would license these >.>
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:29 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
I sure wasn't expecting this arc to get animated, even as an OVA. Series director Hitoshi Nanba once tweeted that it couldn't be adapted for TV because it features spoiler[animal rape and slaughter].
Well, the more exact answer was "We want to do it and really not want to butcher the manga, but sometimes it gives some sensitive material that can be allowed in manga, but totally not on TV because of different rules". That is why the arcs that got cut from the TV series adapted in the OVA for a while - this one is the 4th episode.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:41 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:
Well, the more exact answer was "We want to do it and really not want to butcher the manga, but sometimes it gives some sensitive material that can be allowed in manga, but totally not on TV because of different rules". That is why the arcs that got cut from the TV series adapted in the OVA for a while - this one is the 4th episode.

I wondered about that. Golden Kamuy seemed to get a relatively high number of OVAs, and from what i could gather, they didn't appear to be fluff, which made me start to wonder why it didn't find its way into the tv series.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:44 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:

I wondered about that. Golden Kamuy seemed to get a relatively high number of OVAs, and from what i could gather, they didn't appear to be fluff, which made me start to wonder why it didn't find its way into the tv series.

Somer-_- wrote:
I wish they would license these >.>

Me too. OVA licensing is pretty hit or miss, but if there are several that could be bundled into one package, they might be more sellable than if it was just one. A third season was also confirmed, and OVAs seem to get licensed more often if there is a current season to go with them.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:43 pm Reply with quote
When I read that story I thought to myself "Well, I can see why THAT wasn't in the anime!"

And now it's going to be. He's going to bugger a bear!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1