• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Governor Tells People to Stay Home This Weekend

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:23 am Reply with quote
JPN needs to ramp up its efforts, just telling people
"please stay home, pretty please"
"kindly stay home, please."

Doesn't seem to be working if theaters, events, and festivals are still being filled to capacity, though I guess social media in JPN did have people doing like America and Australia has done and people buying up everything in grocery stores as if some major natural disaster is coming that will keep one from leaving home or something...

Death rate in JPN seems stable though who knows if this 71 will increase and get to people who are susceptible to the development of the more severe symptoms and secondary infections.

Thoughts and prayers too all.

Hope it doesn't become s disruptive it has been to the American entertainment industry, to the JPN entertainment industry. JPN may be able to still animate in isolation, but I can't imagine how they'd voice act in isolation.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:22 am Reply with quote
Wait, how is someone coming from the us supposed to even get to a hotel from the airport without using public transportation? A cab from Narita to downtown is more than $300.

Are they not counting the airport buses? Because those are more crowded than the trains anyway....
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:35 am Reply with quote
I don't know why Japanese theater chains aren't taking initiative and closing down like they did here in the US and yet fans apparently are still planning to line up to go see the new Fate movie.
Dracospirit121

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:43 am Reply with quote
Here in the UK we've been on lockdown for a fair few days already.
omiya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:33 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Wait, how is someone coming from the us supposed to even get to a hotel from the airport without using public transportation? A cab from Narita to downtown is more than $300.

Are they not counting the airport buses? Because those are more crowded than the trains anyway....

One could stay at a hotel in Narita (if not at the airport, certainly in the town of Narita).

PS, under those circumstances a hotel in Narita town might do separate pick-ups in their own mini-bus for each arrival needing to isolate.
gamegodtre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:59 am Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:

... Just walk it only takes a couple hours by foot. I walked from narita to shibuya when i went there.
consignia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:14 pm Reply with quote
gamegodtre wrote:
samuelp wrote:

... Just walk it only takes a couple hours by foot. I walked from narita to shibuya when i went there.

You are joking, right? It's about 40 miles as the crow flies. That's nearly 4 hours at world record marathon pace. Are you not thinking about Haneda?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:00 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:

One could stay at a hotel in Narita (if not at the airport, certainly in the town of Narita).

Yeah, if you're staying in a hotel, you should just book a hotel near the airport for the first two weeks.

If you're returning home / have your own place, it becomes more of a challenge. I think people are expected to either arrange transportation from a friend, or fork out for a taxi.

The other option is to fork out the extra cost to fly to Haneda. Taxis from Haneda into central Tokyo won't be as expensive.

gamegodtre wrote:
It's a 45-mile, 15 hour walk.

In all honesty though, people are going to ignore this directive and take the train. They could enforce it by asking for boarding passes at the train, but people would have to be warned on the plane to keep their boarding passes.
ericarreza

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:42 pm Reply with quote
BAD NEWS: Japan is also facing panic buying there especially in Tokyo. And also if you'd click the link below you'll gonna see a video that the Japanese right now didn't follow their social distancing! Shocked
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1243349518533328897?s=20
omiya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Japanese defence minister KONO Taro tweeted:

https://twitter.com/konotarogomame/status/1243637507922616320

新型コロナウイルス感染拡大防止の水際対策強化のため、本日、自衛隊に対し、自主派遣による災害派遣命令を発出しました。
自衛隊は空港での検疫支援、帰国者の空港から宿泊施設への輸送、宿泊施設での生活支援等を実施します。
都道府県の感染拡大に関しては、知事の要請で災害派遣します。

Which Google translates to:

To strengthen the border measures to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus infection, a disaster dispatch order was issued to the SDF today by voluntary dispatch.
The SDF will provide quarantine support at the airport, transport returnees from the airport to accommodation, and support living at accommodation.
Disasters will be dispatched at the request of the governor regarding the spread of infections in prefectures.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1