• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haikyu!! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
So good! I loved that the principal was waving his toupee in celebration! Laughing Not just because it was funny, but because it was a nice link full circle back to the beginning of the whole series.
Joonu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:40 am Reply with quote
A friend of mine is suggesting Haikyu!! to me and he seemed really impressed. I personally am not a huge fan of sports anime that I have tried in the past but this one, in particular, is receiving a lot of praise.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:48 am Reply with quote
Not the correct forum for this question.

Haikyuu is good. I don't know about other sports stories because they're not my preferred genre/type. Watch the first two episodes and you should know if you'll enjoy it or not.
shukujo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:19 pm Reply with quote
My rule on popular series with enthusiastic followings: let me take a look at why all these people are so hype over this thing. Then apply the 3 episode rule. Which should actually be the 3 or 4 episode rule, bcuz it's 99% true that the initial conflict for the story, the "twist," won't get revealed till ep 3 - or 4.

I'd say a good 40% of my watch history (1125+series) is thanks to enthusiastic recommendations from fans of those works.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

So this is kind of the finale of the first half of To the Top, we have a touch on Tanaka's history with a girl, and how she came into herself, and got started in their bad start at against a top team. I will honestly say that it felt like it only just started getting good.

I don't like a good portion of this season, unless my tastes changed since I last watched the series, I think that all the practice things, starting with the different practice groups that essentially separated characters out, was just kind of boring. Haikyuu always made me feel excited, but for whatever reason this season just felt like a drag down from where I think the show last left where they totally felt like they were ready to challenge the strongest teams. I was kind of used to crazy new teams, that on first interaction might feel obnoxious, end up feeling relatable and interesting as it went on, but I don't know I did not feel too much. Just did not feel the kinetic energy of Hinata and lot when Hinata was forced into ball fetcher, and the majority of team development felt distant.

My rating is Decent, I ended up putting other shows higher on my to watch list so I might not feel so disappointed with this one. But I am maybe only being so harsh because I really love this series. I hope the next season captivates me.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:20 am Reply with quote
Haikyuu To The Top (seasons 4 and 5) Episode 25 (actual season finale)

A lot of my comments are similar to before, I don't have a lot of the passion for it that I did before. This entire second half of To the Top was also pretty much a single match, which kind of feels exhausting in a way. Episode 24 was pretty awesome when they got to the real climax of the match, but this single match had gone on so long that I could feel something like an artificial pull to have to get myself excited for this. One of my other main joy of the series were the bunch of strange new personalities, but really did not work for me this time, it just kind of had me checking out at times.

My rating for the second half will probably be the same as the first, Decent (6/10). I am not disliking my time, I just wish I could feel more excited and interested. Also feels like characters like the managers barely appear anymore, especially not in speaking roles, like their role has been taken over by other characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 23 of 23