• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Hidden Dungeon Only I Can Enter Fantasy Light Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see. I've been enjoying the manga. Always happy to see more fantasy titles Smile
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Somehow the promo image did the exact opposite of its intended purpose: I have lost all the interest to give the source material a try, yet I can’t identify the exact elements in the image that rub me the wrong way. Sad

Well, must just be me then
Morry

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Anime style looks like a huge improvement over the manga.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:26 pm Reply with quote
sounds really bland and the staff doesn't really get me excited
harminia

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Somehow the promo image did the exact opposite of its intended purpose: I have lost all the interest to give the source material a try, yet I can’t identify the exact elements in the image that rub me the wrong way. Sad

Well, must just be me then

Same here.

I get the feeling they're supposed to be touching foreheads, thus representing a touching moment, yet it looks more like MC has chained a girl in his secret dungeon and is staring at her boobs. That the synopsis did not say "this is a slave girl anime" or something confused me. I feel like they'd have been better off showing the dude and some of his probable harem rather than a boring and misleading key visual..
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Seto began serializing the story in the "Shōsetsuka ni Narō" (Let's Become Novelists) website in January 2017, and it is still ongoing. Kodansha published the first volume of the light novels in print in August of that same year

Almost as fast a turnaround as So I'm a Spider, So What?, UchiMusume, and Killing Slimes for 300 Years, though not nearly as fast as Make My Abilities Average. Same interval as Wise Man's Grandchild, in fact.
nDroae

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:43 pm Reply with quote
The promo image looks like what DanMachi's bait title ("Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?") makes it sound like. Which was so misleading - that was a "dungeon" only in the D&D sense. Razz
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:51 pm Reply with quote
harminia wrote:

Same here.

I get the feeling they're supposed to be touching foreheads, thus representing a touching moment, yet it looks more like MC has chained a girl in his secret dungeon and is staring at her boobs. That the synopsis did not say "this is a slave girl anime" or something confused me. I feel like they'd have been better off showing the dude and some of his probable harem rather than a boring and misleading key visual..

No slave girls so don't worry there.

Not much of a spoiler since it's early in, but the context of the image is spoiler[the lady chained up is an ancient hero that got trapped in the dungeon. She becomes the MC's teacher.]

Anyways, this work has a god-tier childhood friend.
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Funny this got me more interested in the LN then the anime, the style looks good but I’ve been burnt a few times on adaptations.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:40 pm Reply with quote
That promo image carries quite the implicit message that sadly doesn't match the synopsis...a place only HE can enter... Shocked
GhostD

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Im looking forward to this. Love the novel and manga
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Is "hidden dungeon" a euphemism for her vagina?
GhostD

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:27 am Reply with quote
all-tsun-and-no-dere wrote:
Is "hidden dungeon" a euphemism for her vagina?

Excuse me if I didn't get the sarcasm but Ill play it straight. No its really a hidden dungeon
ShironoKuro

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:46 am Reply with quote
The beautiful utter radiance emanating from the central two figures creates contrast to that of their surrounding environment. The action of a chained-up girl symbolises the feeling of entrapment, yet in this case a boy shows sympathy for her in this state. The blue softer colors bounce off the natural green of his silhouette, with the room being primarily darker in tone, highlighting the contrast further. The hollow emptiness of the room filled with only the the two bright central figures of green and blue are colors that evoke sadness yet serenity. This dichromatic exemplifies the harshness and brash surrounding room of its palette of reds, oranges and brown. Embodying the cherished human interaction that is placed centre in this key visual. That is, It is perfection. To say.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:05 am Reply with quote
For a little context, the woman in the promo is a mage who is trapped in the eponymous hidden dungeon where the mc in the promo finds her. She can't leave/be freed, so she takes him on as her apprentice.

While it is an ecchi series, it does not involve what the promo might imply...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3