• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Happiness Memories Smartphone Game Ends Service on June 30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:38 pm Reply with quote
that's too bad. it was a cute game
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:11 pm Reply with quote
I’m disappointed this game never got a US release especially given CCS is CLAMP’s most mainstream title in English. I always wanted to play it.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:40 pm Reply with quote
One more game to add to the dead before its 1st anniversary list.

Once again, dont know why games are always the go to thing to make especially for something that wasn't really revived.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
One more game to add to the dead before its 1st anniversary list.

Once again, dont know why games are always the go to thing to make especially for something that wasn't really revived.

Well a game is a good idea just not as a Smartphone game. Better to be like a PSN, Xbox Kive, Steam and/or Nintendo eShop title. These companies think Smartphones is the way to go since it’s popular but in reality there are only a few games that do really well while others can’t last at all.
jellybeanbandit

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Mobile games are the new licensed games. Every movie or show used to have 1 or 2 games ready to be released on the Wii or DS when they came out. These days they're all on mobile. Once you star treating every new mobile game as the equivalent of a quick cash in, and wait to see which ones will actually last beyond the initial flash in the pan, it becomes easier.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Most of these nostalgia reboot/sequel properties are made to appeal to millennial parents who work all the time and might not have as much free time to commit to anime video games so they make mobile games to appeal to casual fans that grew up with the characters but might not be a hardcore gamer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1