• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Wixoss TV Anime Unveils Teaser, Title, Cast, Staff, Story, January Delay

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:40 am Reply with quote
OMGOODNESS! Sweet Jesus! Dat visual! Dat plot is on point! And she got backstory too? WIXOSS taking it to another level this time.

Funny enough. Reminds me of Madoka Magica's pink, yellow, purple MC's. Also, it aired in January 2011. This airs in January 2021. Poetic in a way.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:54 am Reply with quote
Still awesome to see Ui Mama (Shigure Ui)'s designs in an anime
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:21 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Still awesome to see Ui Mama (Shigure Ui)'s designs in an anime
That strange and fun moment when Live2D persona making character designs for 2D anime. Laughing
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:42 am Reply with quote
Becoming a LRIG to be an idol... in a digital world? Not sure how I feel about that. Feels like a big departure from the original, or even Lostorage.
Slim Reaper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I get the feeling this happy go lucky vibe is going to flip us on our asses so fast.
kytten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:25 pm Reply with quote
i'm SO READY for the suffering to kick in~ Let's goooo~!
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:00 am Reply with quote
marshmallowpie wrote:
Becoming a LRIG to be an idol... in a digital world? Not sure how I feel about that. Feels like a big departure from the original, or even Lostorage.

of course they are. i have a feeling that they are intended to do that to make the anime child friendly so that parents can buy the cards for their daughters!

in the end, its all about money!

dont be surprised at all if the new series have their storylines with ZERO YURI TENDENCIES ala madoka magica and lostorage, nor have the game high stakes like in infected and spread or have any romance scenario that might turn off some people ala having blood related siblings in love with one another (which is probably why both yuzuki and kazuki arent even a couple in season 2 of lostorage)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VerQuality

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:17 am Reply with quote
The virtual world concept reminds me of yugioh Vrains, and not in a good way. I have a suspicion that, like most anime that use the VR plot point, it'll be a cheap attempt to appeal to "modern audiences", and story-wise be nothing more than an excuse for a costume change. Seeing the script supervisor carried over from Lostorage staffing does not fill me with confidence.

Also, I'm 99% sure that they're going to stick to their formula of "large cast of girls + suffering". They've stuck to it since it worked so well in Infected, and them keeping their audio director and Maiko Uichi feels like they're not planning on changing direction too much.

I didn't realize Ui did the designs, that's pretty cool. I wonder if they'll bring in a few of the Nijisanji vtubers in for guest appearances, since that audience seems to be what's keeping the tcg's bread buttered.

I am interested in seeing where they go from this, but the Lostorage series soured me on the anime a lot, so I'm keeping my expectations low.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:07 am Reply with quote
I'm... cautiously optimistic. At the very least, maybe we'll finally get physical US releases of seasons 3-4 and the movie now.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:05 am Reply with quote
unlikely!

otherwise funi would have done it already!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:45 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:

of course they are. i have a feeling that they are intended to do that to make the anime child friendly so that parents can buy the cards for their daughters!

Considering the ultra large chest of the blonde girl, I doubt they're somehow marketing this new show to a younger audience than the previous ones.
Eric_ShanRick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Wow the producers totally missed the point fo the first two seasons. Infected and Spread were enthralling character driven psychological thrillers that deconstructed the card game/ merchandise driven anime genre. It set Itself above shows vanguard and yugioh by giving its characters a purpose beyond " omg lets card fight!!!"

This looks like a generic move idol show meant to pander to general audience. Like deadass, another idol show? Did Japan learn nothing from Perfect Blue? I hope that the writers will he smart enough to subvert expectations and turn into a much darker show early on.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Eric_ShanRick wrote:

I hope that the writers will he smart enough to subvert expectations and turn into a much darker show early on.
Like that seems pretty obvious what they're going to do with this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1