• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream The Day I Became a God, Hypnosis Mic, Warlords of Sigrdrifa Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:21 pm Reply with quote
So a Jun Maeda anime returns to Texas.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:01 am Reply with quote
Im still waiting for Strike Witches and i also wish for the new Love Live series....
alextenshi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:35 am Reply with quote
Are these not Aniplex of America titles then? The Funimation source says "Aniplex Japan", so does this mean these aren't from AoA? Like is it possible to get in touch with AoA to confirm this?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:44 am Reply with quote
alextenshi wrote:
Are these not Aniplex of America titles then? The Funimation source says "Aniplex Japan", so does this mean these aren't from AoA? Like is it possible to get in touch with AoA to confirm this?

Since both AoA are Funi are wholly-/mostly-owned by the Sony Corp but under different divisions, it might make sense for these corporate siblings/cousins to work together somehow.
alextenshi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:52 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
alextenshi wrote:

Since both AoA are Funi are wholly-/mostly-owned by the Sony Corp but under different divisions, it might make sense for these corporate siblings/cousins to work together somehow.

I understand that Funimation is partly owned by Aniplex Japan, but it seems kinda bizarre that they let their partially owned subsidiary get the rights rather than their fully owned subsidiary, especially since AoA and Funi already have a good relationship (exclusive streams, dubs). I assume that AoA's days are now numbered, given that AoA no longer has titles for this season, or AoJ just saw AoA being a middleman as meddlesome. Either way, I'm not a fan of this, since Funi QC is not that good compared to AoA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1