• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Delays Assault Lily Bouquet Anime's Streaming Schedule to Fridays

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:05 am Reply with quote
Amazing! Even with show 80% complete, studio cannot get materials out short order.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:55 am Reply with quote
AJ (LordNikon) wrote:
Amazing! Even with show 80% complete, studio cannot get materials out short order.

It's Shaft, dude. Schedule slips is normal for them. And considering the current situation both with staff and working enviroment...
False_Mirror

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:36 am Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:

It's Shaft, dude. Schedule slips is normal for them. And considering the current situation both with staff and working enviroment...

Well, wakanim doesn't have these problems and they still broadcast on Thursdays. And producer tweeted like two weeks ago that they were nearly finished with production and the whole Blu-ray set comes out in early January.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:06 am Reply with quote
False_Mirror wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:

Well, wakanim doesn't have these problems and they still broadcast on Thursdays. And producer tweeted like two weeks ago that they were nearly finished with production and the whole Blu-ray set comes out in early January.
so sounds more like Funi is making things up because their translator is not working out or something. They've done that before. They always blame materials even if it's an issue on their end.

Really annoying because Friday is already packed...
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:44 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
so sounds more like Funi is making things up because their translator is not working out or something. They've done that before. They always blame materials even if it's an issue on their end.

We don't know what the problem is so jumping to the "easy" thing and blaming Funi doesnt sound like the smartest move. At this point though Im more inclined to believe the company releasing the episodes than some random person on the internet whose lone past on the site is about this topic.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:00 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

We don't know what the problem is so jumping to the "easy" thing and blaming Funi doesnt sound like the smartest move. At this point though Im more inclined to believe the company releasing the episodes than some random person on the internet whose lone past on the site is about this topic.

Yet the other releases of this show are on time and show no problems.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:12 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
False_Mirror wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:

I'm not sure why that is much of a problem. It's not like the episodes have to be watched the very same day they are available. Friday tends to be a heavy day for the shows I watch, but if I don't get to one of them, I just watch it on Saturday.
ATastySub
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Yet the other releases of this show are on time and show no problems.

You guys know time zones are a thing right? Please tell me you know that much. If the materials are sent at the same time to different places and one doesn't line up with a time a translator is working that's not on the recipient. It's literally what a material issue is.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:31 am Reply with quote
This doesn't affect me because I watch it on Fridays anyway, but I hope that artificially delaying episodes does not become a trend at Funimation.
Sisyphusson66

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:31 pm Reply with quote
This whole "late receipt of materials" sound a bit intentionally vague. It's not enough information to really determine which party, or parties, are at fault. Could it be that SHAFT or whoever else Funimation is getting the episodes from has delayed them? If so, then why the delay, and are the other platforms in other regions legally streaming it similarly delayed? If they are not delayed, then why are the materials for Funimation specifically delayed? Or maybe the materials issue refers to the translation? Maybe, for whatever reason, their translation had to be delayed a day? Could this be a consequence of increasing their simulcast line-ups each new season? Is it COVID related? If so, then why not just tell us instead of using such vague language? It wouldn't be the first, and certainly not the last, thing delayed because of the pandemic.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:41 pm Reply with quote
What??? An anime title is being delayed by a whole DAY??? My Member of Parliament shall be getting a strongly worded letter of protest about this travesty.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Does it really matter why it's delayed? It's not like Funimation want to delay it. It has to be delayed. That's it. Finding out why won't change the fact it's delayed.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Why does everything about Funimation turn into a conspiracy for anime fandom?
Millhi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:46 pm Reply with quote
False_Mirror wrote:
Nachtwandler wrote:

Except Wakanim tweeted yesterday (14/10) that they're also gonna start broadcasting it on fridays starting from ep 3 due to late materials.
https://twitter.com/Wakanim/status/1316297250709147648
kotomikun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Why does everything about Funimation turn into a conspiracy for anime fandom?

I don't know, but the same question minus "about Funimation" would be equally valid.

Actually, these days, it may be because conspiratorial thinking is the current hottest trend in the general populace. Or maybe just Americans...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1