• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jujutsu Kaisen Takes 15 of Top 16 Spots in Weekly Manga Sales Ranking

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:01 am Reply with quote
No surprises there. With KnY gone, JJK is now the biggest series in SJ save for OP and given that it's gearing itself to be a long runner, it'll become one the magazine's pillars. What remains to be seen, however, is how long lived this level of sales will be.

That said, it's interesting that the biggest successes for Shueisha (KnY, JJK, CSM and, soon, Jigokuraku) have been quite dark series. Although there are some pretty big wholesome series as well, like SxF.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:21 am Reply with quote
The fact that JJK is already on track to exceed MHA’s sales is incredible. It just goes to show you that a really good anime adaption is the best way to maximize sales for a respective series.

If MAPPA maintains the quality they’ve been putting into the production, I don’t see the sales slowing down anytime soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1