• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Executioner and Her Way of Life Novels Get TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:15 am Reply with quote
Ohhhh, I heard of this series especially since the first chapter of the manga adaptation felt like a reaction to this entire isekai trend. Surprised
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:02 am Reply with quote
Finally My Yuri Fantasy Action! Very Happy

darkchibi07 wrote:
Ohhhh, I heard of this series especially since the first chapter of the manga adaptation felt like a reaction to this entire isekai trend. Surprised

fans of regular isekai are sure to take it badly.
Florete

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:06 am Reply with quote
Funny story: I remember preordering volume 1 of Virgin Road, but it seems Yen Press has actually gone and changed it to The Executioner and Her Way of Life. Link. Right Stuf even still has it listed as Virgin Road, but other online retailers have changed it.
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:06 pm Reply with quote
What a coincidence, I started reading the manga recently. Really happy to hear it's already getting an anime.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, I haven't looked at the manga adapatation, but a certain popular place rates it at 6.88 (7.23 Bayesian) so I'm not sure if the anime will be worth one's time.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I've never seen a synopsis practically spell out "Hey! Read this! This sure is unique!"
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In addition to being an intriguing addition to the ever popular isekai genre of light novels, Virgin Road is an intriguing release due to the fact that it includes elements not commonly seen in light novels released in English—a female protagonist and a yuri storyline.

Ohh~ how unique~. You really gotta go out of your way to point out what makes you stand out? Don’t do that. I get you want to stand out in a “genre” that’s flooded with hundreds of similar stories, where attention seeking could start and or end with a skim of the title, but come on, please don’t do that. That last bit really seems unnecessary given that the description already sounds very interesting in and of itself.
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:20 pm Reply with quote
@Treeborn
I won't say if it is that unique, but this really differs quite a bit from the standard isekai.

@LiteMangime
I think it is necessary to specify because most of isekai's are carried out by male characters with many girls interested only in him. also that anime yuri adaptations are already rare.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1