• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Maka Mochida's Daily Report About My Witch Senpai Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:34 am Reply with quote
I just started reading this and it's really cute! I can't wait to buy it!
gsilver

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:57 am Reply with quote
For some reason, Shizuka looks like an adult version of Asumi from Twin Spica to me.
That was like the first thing I thought of when I saw the preview image.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I got a bit of Ultra Maniac vibes from it myself (i.e. Moody, sensible, mature character involved with cute, klutzy but well meaning witch girl).
hikura

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I understand about translating it and stuff like that. But why is going to take nearly a year to release it? It sounds interesting.
dragonquiz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:15 pm Reply with quote
hikura wrote:
I understand about translating it and stuff like that. But why is going to take nearly a year to release it? It sounds interesting.

Yeah that's what I don't understand, when there's a new book coming out its usually a few months to at most 8 months before it can be in market due to either time management (for that particular book/series to start) and for those that want physical, brick and mortar stores would need that time not just to get said shipment, they would also need to put the book with others of similar genre/topics for a particular reading season. Like "summer favs" or "great spooky readings".

Though since its a manga they just plop all of them in the manga/graphic novel section. Probably there's gonna be some sort of anime adaptation being announced and released in the winter 2022 season alongside with the english release.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Seven Seas are a pretty big company, with a lot of stuff under their belts, so they probably want to get some of their other stuff out of the way first before getting to what they're licensing now. I mean, this month they're announcing a new license every day, and I can't imagine the amount of scheduling they need to do for the next year or so. COVID might have something to do with it as well, what with people needing to work from home and keep themselves safe.
hikura

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:17 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Seven Seas are a pretty big company, with a lot of stuff under their belts, so they probably want to get some of their other stuff out of the way first before getting to what they're licensing now. I mean, this month they're announcing a new license every day, and I can't imagine the amount of scheduling they need to do for the next year or so. COVID might have something to do with it as well, what with people needing to work from home and keep themselves safe.

Working at home shouldn't really be an issue as long as you have power and a decent internet connection. But if have that much material that they have to wait a year to release things maybe they should curtail themselves on getting that much new material. Or start hiring more people.
I'm not complaining about it. Just genuinely curious on what is going on.
adam_omega

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Seven Seas is switching distributors this summer to Penguin Random House, which has a different setup for their sell-in seasons. To get our schedule synced to theirs, we needed to announce about a half a year's worth of titles so sales reps could start presenting them to stores.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:53 am Reply with quote
Looks cute...Imma buy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1