• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Log Horizon Anime Season 3 Announces Returning English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they were able to get the original cast back.
Teraman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Krystal LaPorte as Misa

Sentai in absolute shambles.
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah!!!!
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Its cool to see such a effort put in to gather the original cast for a english dub title but Log Horizon sure as hell isn't worth that level of effort. We've barely seen George Manley cast in any dub titles for six years now nice to see him back if only briefly from the looks of it.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:00 am Reply with quote
Teraman wrote:
Quote:
Krystal LaPorte as Misa

Good
Hikifroggy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:12 am Reply with quote
Best News for me i was worried since funimation licensed S3 they would Recast most characters. Hopefully the rest of the cast come back Very Happy
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:36 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Teraman wrote:
Quote:
Krystal LaPorte as Misa

Good

???
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:38 am Reply with quote
Teraman wrote:
Quote:
Krystal LaPorte as Misa

Good, they should be. Blacklisting and replacing her in all her roles (even re-dubbing all her lines for a blu-ray re-release I kid you not) for, in her own words, "being unable to get Chris to quit smoking" was absolutely infuriating. I know Sentai can simply stop working with contractors (aka not employees) for any reason & TX is still a right-to-work state and all, but I still cannot believe that even happened, and no one investigated or said anything about it.

She talked about it a bit here. Re-reading her old twitter post from years ago really breaks my heart even more now.https://www.reddit.com/r/Animedubs/comments/lqon7m/log_horizon_destruction_of_the_roundtable/gohyjju/
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:56 am Reply with quote
It was a given that most would return, this was a Snetai dub from less than 10 years ago. And some of the actors like Jad, Emily and David work at Funiamtion.

If their characters are in season 3(I haven't watched season 2 so I don't know if they are permanent or one off characters), I guess that Christopher Ayres won't return due to his illness and Jessica Boone as she lives overseas. Chris Patton may return as he can record remotely. Hilary Haag returned for FMP, so she may do the same here. I realise that this is a bit unfair to say, but I wish that Andrew Love had been recast, he was the one part of the dub that I never liked, so unless he is given a different voice direction, which seems unlikely as they would want to keep consistency, it won't improve here
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:14 am Reply with quote
KitKat1721 wrote:
Good, they should be. Blacklisting and replacing her in all her roles (even re-dubbing all her lines for a blu-ray re-release I kid you not) for, in her own words, "being unable to get Chris to quit smoking" was absolutely infuriating. I know Sentai can simply stop working with contractors (aka not employees) for any reason & TX is still a right-to-work state and all, but I still cannot believe that even happened, and no one investigated or said anything about it.

She talked about it a bit here. Re-reading her old twitter post from years ago really breaks my heart even more now.https://www.reddit.com/r/Animedubs/comments/lqon7m/log_horizon_destruction_of_the_roundtable/gohyjju/

Chris kinda backed this up in a few interviews the two of them did months ago.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/856161115?t=10m0s (10 minutes in if the timecode doesn't work)
https://youtu.be/oLZOMEc59sQ?t=860 (14:19-24:32 though the part about Krystal was around 16:30)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Teraman wrote:
Quote:
Krystal LaPorte as Misa

Glad to hear it.
Seif

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:13 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Teraman wrote:
Quote:
Krystal LaPorte as Misa

Glad to hear it.

Can someone give me a rundown?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:00 am Reply with quote
Seif wrote:

Can someone give me a rundown?

Chris Ayers developed COPD and eventually needed a double lung transplant. someone high up at Sentai blamed Krystal for this and blacklisted her. her ongoing roles were recast and they completely re-dubbed her role as Mirai in Beyond the Boundary. Very likely due to the fact that Chris directed that show

So, with Okraton5000 dubbing season 3 for funi, Rawly brought her back for Misa, a character she played in season 1
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1