• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Ancient Magus' Bride's Kore Yamazaki Launches New Manga in September

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:37 am Reply with quote
Instant interest.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The tagline on the image is a line of dialogue that reads "You are nothing more than an object. Now follow your orders like a dog and get to work."
That's pretty similar to my employment contract when I worked for one of Rupert Murdoch's media companies. Anime smile

So we can expect AMB to be wrapped up by then I take it? Wink
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:20 am Reply with quote
@Mohawk52

I had the same reaction but there is a separate announcement of a three episode OVA coming out in the next three volumes of the manga.
MagicPolly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:18 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this means AMB is being finished soon (after the next 3 volumes obviously, since they have the OVAs). I haven't started reading the manga so I have no idea if it's in a good place to end right now or not, but it'd still be sad to see it end.

Then again, this new manga looks really interesting so hopefully it'll be able to fill the void when AMB ends.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:54 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
I wonder if this means AMB is being finished soon (after the next 3 volumes obviously, since they have the OVAs). I haven't started reading the manga so I have no idea if it's in a good place to end right now or not, but it'd still be sad to see it end.

Then again, this new manga looks really interesting so hopefully it'll be able to fill the void when AMB ends.

I'm a couple volumes behind but it sure didn't feel like the series was ending any time soon. Yamazaki already produced Frau Faust while also working on AMB so it's entirely possible this will be a shorter or quarterly released series that runs alongside AMB.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Yamazaki did Frau Faust while doing AMB, didn't she?
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:18 pm Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:

I've got the English manga up to the current volume. It's on an entirely new major arc and doesn't seem like it's anywhere near approaching any kind of climax or finale, so I don't believe it's ending soon or anything. If anything it hardly feels like it's midway through and we're only now approaching something like the set-up for the next major villain.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Excellent this could be promising.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1