• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dr. Stone Anime Gets Sequel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:35 am Reply with quote
I can't wait! The Age of Exploration arc debuts two of my favorite characters in the entire series - spoiler[Ryusei and Francois] - in addition to the entire arc being a fun romp.

Hopefully we aren't waiting too long for the next season, because I'm too excited already. Laughing
ErikaD.D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:56 am Reply with quote
So the sequel is 2nd cour of season 2 or season 3? It's a pity that season 2 is only 1 cour instead 2 cours like season 1.
AnimeFan617
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:58 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
So the sequel is 2nd cour of season 2 or season 3?

Most likely Season 3 since Season 2 focused on the Stone Wars arc.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:48 am Reply with quote
ErikaD.D wrote:
So the sequel is 2nd cour of season 2 or season 3? It's a pity that season 2 is only 1 cour instead 2 cours like season 1.
I would safely assume it'll be a Season 3, although given how the Stone Wars arc technically started in the 2nd half of Season 1, it is plausible that they could write it as a 2nd cour. The Age of Exploration arc is a bit short (Chapters 84-100), so in theory it should come in at about 11-12 episodes, especially if they pad out some of the events in those chapters.

The arc following it runs a lot longer (Chapters 101-140), so that would definitely make for a 2-cour Season 3 if they go with the above route. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how they ultimately end up wanting to classify it. I'm leaning that they're going to just call it Season 3, though.
russ869

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Looks like humanity has had major advancements in the textile industry to make 17th century pirate coats.
YoshiChao

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:56 pm Reply with quote
russ869 wrote:
Looks like humanity has had major advancements in the textile industry to make 17th century pirate coats.

You do remember how frequently the show shows the characters in of the era clothing and situations whenever they want to describe or demonstrate the thing they just made yeah? (Like wearing older clothes when they got the steam engine to compare it to riding on a train)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1