• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tiger & Bunny 2 Sequel Unveils Anime Character Designs, New Hero Suits

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:10 am Reply with quote
Wait what? We are actually getting a new season? Wasn't it rumored it to be a movie? Like the let down when the Code Geass new project got announced and it ended up to be a movie?
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:28 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Wait what? We are actually getting a new season? Wasn't it rumored it to be a movie? Like the let down when the Code Geass new project got announced and it ended up to be a movie?

The good news is that the franchise's website calls Tiger & Bunny 2 "a new series" and "Season 2."

http://www.tigerandbunny.net/TB2/
http://www.tigerandbunny.net
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:35 am Reply with quote
I don't understand why they waited so long to do sequel. I would've think they'd capitalize at the height of it's popularity,when it first came out.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:44 am Reply with quote
This is cool, I just recently started watching Tiger & Bunny on Netflix and so far I've been enjoying it. Weirdly enough, the series has been dubbed into many languages, including Neutral Spanish, a few months ago for it's Netflix distribution, better late than never. I just hope that I don't have to wait another 10 years for the sequel to be distributed in my region.
SHD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:38 am Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
I don't understand why they waited so long to do sequel. I would've think they'd capitalize at the height of it's popularity,when it first came out.

I've been wondering about that myself. The series was very popular at the time in Japan, its popularity held out for a very long time, and it's still a Thing. I don't know how much of it translated into sales, but it must have been a decent number. I guess it was either creative staff availability or some financial wrangles.

That said, as much as I was (and am) in love with the show, I don't think this sequel is necessary at all, so I'm not hugely excited for it. I for one was very satisfied with how the story wrapped up and where the characters ended up, and while yes, they slapped on a sequel hook in the last moment, I didn't really care for it. I'll be watching it of course, but it's going to have to work really hard to capture my heart the way the first series did. (I wish they'd done more Double Decker instead, that show was so much fun and had so much more in it.)
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:54 am Reply with quote
The suits look exactly the same to me.
SHD wrote:
Themaster20000 wrote:

I've been wondering about that myself. The series was very popular at the time in Japan, its popularity held out for a very long time, and it's still a Thing. I don't know how much of it translated into sales, but it must have been a decent number. I guess it was either creative staff availability or some financial wrangles.

That said, as much as I was (and am) in love with the show, I don't think this sequel is necessary at all, so I'm not hugely excited for it. I for one was very satisfied with how the story wrapped up and where the characters ended up, and while yes, they slapped on a sequel hook in the last moment, I didn't really care for it. I'll be watching it of course, but it's going to have to work really hard to capture my heart the way the first series did. (I wish they'd done more Double Decker instead, that show was so much fun and had so much more in it.)

I think it was the case of not being able to get all the staff together again that delayed the sequel.

I enjoyed Double Decker but I'll happily take more Tiger and Bunny. I'm still waiting for them to explain if there's an actual connection between the two franchises.
all-tsun-and-no-dere
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited and all, but why is Antonio white?
Brack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:24 am Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:

When Yoshitomo Yonetani did a Q&A for Tiger & Bunny The Rising in the UK, the impression he gave was that the producers were thinking long and hard about fan reaction to any follow ups.

Presumably the same has happened with the series. Almost makes you think that Double Decker Doug & Kirill, with it's cry of "Don't Think, Feel So Good!" might be about the Tiger & Bunny production process rather than connected in any narrative fashion.
Whitestrider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:36 am Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:

Because at the time it wasn't even super popular, now that superheroes are everywhere they're trying to get some reaction by the trend of the moment.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:06 pm Reply with quote
A second season eh, it's been a while but wasn't spoiler[one of the title characters losing his powers? They're either going to have to replace him or find some way to restore them.]
Whitestrider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
A second season eh, it's been a while but wasn't spoiler[one of the title characters losing his powers? They're either going to have to replace him or find some way to restore them.]

Not that this have ever been a problem for Marvel or DC superheroes... Very Happy
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Finally!

SHD wrote:
(I wish they'd done more Double Decker instead, that show was so much fun and had so much more in it.)

Yeah, I'm really surprised it's taken this long, but glad to finally have it. I'm still definitely in to see it.
spoiler[Probably won't happen but I hope Kaede actually gets to do more stuff and be more integrated into the show now with this being a sequel after she finally got to take part at the end of the first season. It'd be fun watching Kotetsu have to deal with that.]

Agreed, Double Decker should have kept going. Had a lot of fun with it and I wished it was longer.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Nice. Great to see this series returning.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1