• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix Streams 4th, Final Season's of Castlevania Animated Show on May 13 With Eyes on Possib

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:04 pm Reply with quote
If they're planning a spin-off they should adapt other titles, it would be cool if they adapt the orginal game with Simon as the main character, Rondo of Blood with Ritcher or perhaps Aria of Sorrow with Soma Cruz
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Hell yeah!!! That was sooner than expected. Can't wait! Very Happy
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:09 pm Reply with quote
So that is how they got rid of Warren Ellis. Fine with me and we anyway needed a time jump to do the IP justice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:23 pm Reply with quote
As long as they tone down the vampire sex I'm okay. It was ridiculous in the previous season.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I hope they can do more with(I assume) 10 episodes to finish the series. Last season had a handful of good episodes(Isaac's plot-line was the break-out star for me), but felt like they meandered with their time for most of the season until the end where it was "Intrigue! Big fight!".
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Season 4 is the perfect time to end the "arc". As for which game they should adapt next I'm all in Soma Cruz but that would be best saved for last since it's the last two games in the timeline. So my vote goes to ether Simon Belmont or Ritcher Belmont.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I just started the castlevania series recently so i am still new to the universe

If the idea of a spin off is on the table what would be most likely focused on? their are other games set in the same universe? i got to ask as i have no clue

Look forward to this and see how the rest of the plot threads wrap up. Smile [/code]
ZiharkXVI

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:22 pm Reply with quote
What could charitably be called a story in this show really doesnt deserve more. Just get to fantasy violence. It's the only interesting part. The characters talk like they are about to go to sleep.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
I just started the castlevania series recently so i am still new to the universe

If the idea of a spin off is on the table what would be most likely focused on? their are other games set in the same universe? i got to ask as i have no clue

Look forward to this and see how the rest of the plot threads wrap up. Smile [/code]

The central concept of the franchise is following generations of this family as they battle the undead, particularly Dracula who gets revived by forces seeking to use his power or bring about the end of the world. Logically, a follow up would involve one of those later generations...and wouldn't involve Warren Ellis.
Madster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I like Castlevania, but a part of me wants Netflix to move on to other video game IP's. Aren't they making anime based on Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, and Cyberpunk?
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:59 pm Reply with quote
A very interesting gif by Sam Deets about the possible confirmation of a sequel.

https://twitter.com/SamuelDeats/status/1383097542058004481
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:23 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
As long as they tone down the vampire sex I'm okay. It was ridiculous in the previous season.

no, I need more.
Kyo Hisagi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Madster wrote:
I like Castlevania, but a part of me wants Netflix to move on to other video game IP's. Aren't they making anime based on Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell, and Cyberpunk?

I still remember they promised Devil May Cry series... where is it, huh?
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Madster wrote:

there was already an announcement last year that Trigger is working on a Cyberpunk series for 2022
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

The central concept of the franchise is following generations of this family as they battle the undead, particularly Dracula who gets revived by forces seeking to use his power or bring about the end of the world. Logically, a follow up would involve one of those later generations...and wouldn't involve Warren Ellis.

Order of Eccelsia and Lord of Shadows not withstanding?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2