• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! Comedy Manga Gets TV Anime This Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:39 am Reply with quote
Jahy-sama's anime and what's more this summer, amazing !
I was wondering which one of Konbu-sensei's manga would be first to get an anime, i am glad it's the funniest and my favorite one.

Last edited by Yune Amagiri on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:42 am Reply with quote
One after the other of r/manga's favs are getting anime adaptations and i couldn't be happier.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:13 am Reply with quote
Great news.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:00 am Reply with quote
This looks good. It kinda has a The Devil is a Part-Timer vibe. I'm looking forward to reading the manga, also.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Welp I know which show I'm most looking forward to in summer Smile
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:

I was wondering which one of Konbu-sensei's manga would be first to get an anime, i am glad it's the funniest and my favorite one.

I think Jahy-sama is the most easily merchandisable of her current three series (you get twice the figure potential from Jahy alone, since there's both "big" and "small" modes).

I don't think there are yet enough (full-length) manga chapters of My Recently-Hired Maid is Suspicious to warrant a whole season while Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki/Breasts are My Favorite Things In the World might be a little too "ecchi" to get animated for television (although, yes, I know it's tamer than some other ecchi manga that got TV anime adaptations).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Guess the manga was never picked up.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:37 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Guess the manga was never picked up.
It has been picked up (by Square Enix) but has been delayed multiple times. Should be coming out around in July.

Last edited by ZelosZoidberg on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Yea, Square Enix really could have gotten several volumes released by now and captured on the anime popularity like Kodansha has with Nagatoro, but nope, nearly 2 years of delays and now the first episode will likely air before volume 1 comes out in English.
zero-r

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:38 am Reply with quote
I find the really small amount of followers it has in Twitter kinda odd, especially by the Japanese (I thought this was popular over there)... Usually if a popular manga gets an anime, the amount of people that follows its Twitter account is respectively high, but that doesn’t seems to be the case here.... Maybe this manga isn’t as popular as I thought.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:16 am Reply with quote
The Jahy-sama anime Twitter account has only been up for a day. I wouldn't be too surprised if some Jahy-sama manga fans still haven't heard the news yet even if they already follow Wakame Konbu's Twitter. The anime account will probably get more followers when readers who missed the news elsewhere see the anime announcement in the next chapter of the Jahy-sama manga in Gangan JOKER.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:01 pm Reply with quote
I've only read a very little bit of this, but enjoyed it, so good to see this coming Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1