• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metal Skin Panic MADOX-01 Anime's Kickstarter Campaign Reaches Goal in 42 Minutes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm a little baffled. The mecha is cool and all, but MADOX-01 isn't even an hour long and there was a big demand for it? I guess I'll just be happy for Mr. Woodhead. Those Bubblegum Crisis and Gunsmith Cats releases were excellent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:23 pm Reply with quote
It's a great looking little OVA and AnimEigo Kickstarters always deliver. Why not?
meiam

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:45 am Reply with quote
Why does producing a new trailer cost 75 000$?!
kae kurono

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:31 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I'm a little baffled. The mecha is cool and all, but MADOX-01 isn't even an hour long and there was a big demand for it? I guess I'll just be happy for Mr. Woodhead. Those Bubblegum Crisis and Gunsmith Cats releases were excellent.

i hope the sakuga is really that good
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:41 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
With a goal of only $50.000 and tiers going up to $2.500, you only need a few hundred fans, ideally with lots of money to burn.
kae kurono wrote:
i hope the sakuga is really that good
Some of the animators were Military Otaku(As Miyazaki calls them) and there is a lot of attention to detail.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:30 am Reply with quote
I think there a lot more old school fans than we think, including those who are mainly into new stuff, but due to how big anime is nowadays, and how, of course newest stuff will always be the main talk at the moment, most of us forget that.

I mean, it's not really anime, but I myself for a while now have been doing silent movie marathon, and I am born in 1989.
Love Charlie Chaplin.

From what I see, as fans get more exposed to pre 2000s anime, many more will realize that old doesn't mean bad.

Streaming will help with that, and we will see more Blu-ray releases.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Headline or strap line could have noted that the kickstarter met its goal in less time than it actually takes to watch Madox-01.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:10 pm Reply with quote
I think one of reason they are doing this title is because this was Animeigo's first release and they have been around since 1988 so if anything this is a sentimental release.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:26 pm Reply with quote
I’m supporting this more because I’ve been happy with Robert’s previous projects that I’ve supported. The man could run a Kickstarter for just snackies and I’d back it out of principle.

I like that he usually will get back to you within a day should you have any questions. I also haven’t had to wait 5 years for rewards, like, say, I have with DMP.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1