Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses 6 Princess Principal: Crown Handler Sequel Films


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jenthehen



Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 801
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:03 pm Reply with quote
We have to wait until spring 2022??? Or spring right now? This is very unclear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheMorry



Joined: 08 May 2014
Posts: 599
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Nice! They better give them a dub. Also what about the Girls und Panzer final movies!???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zen119



Joined: 20 Nov 2018
Posts: 48
Location: Illinois,USA
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:24 pm Reply with quote
jenthehen wrote:
We have to wait until spring 2022??? Or spring right now? This is very unclear.


According to the official Sentai Filmworks website, it’s Spring 2021.

TheMorry wrote:
Nice! They better give them a dub. Also what about the Girls und Panzer final movies!???


Seconded. Girls und Panzer Das Finale have 3 of 6 parts out now but they got Princess Principal movies licensed instead. Maybe music copyright issues again(like with Katyusha) is preventing the license to happen?

Other than that, I’m still happy that we could see Crown Handler Part 1 soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Top Gun



Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 3840
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeessssssss. So hyped for this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xxmsxx



Joined: 06 Sep 2017
Posts: 155
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Did not see this coming! I thought we have to wait for 6 to 8 years until all the films are released in Japan to see anything overseas.

Very excited! Will watch regardless if it is subbed or dubbed.


Last edited by xxmsxx on Thu May 06, 2021 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarkJak2050



Joined: 11 Apr 2021
Posts: 10
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Huh, guess I better re-watch season 1 again. Given that it's been nearly 4 years since I've last watched it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Key
Moderator


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 16958
Location: Indianapolis, IN (formerly Mimiho Valley)
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:36 pm Reply with quote
This is my happy news for the day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tsog



Joined: 16 Sep 2017
Posts: 81
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I actually enjoyed the TV series; one of the few personal dark horses of recent years. And good to see Sentai picking up the movies as expected. But what's up with Actas and 6-part movie sequels? If it was recent I'd guess it's due to lack of TV slots and they decide to release to movie theaters instead, but GuP was several years ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zen119



Joined: 20 Nov 2018
Posts: 48
Location: Illinois,USA
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:12 pm Reply with quote
tsog wrote:
But what's up with Actas and 6-part movie sequels? If it was recent I'd guess it's due to lack of TV slots and they decide to release to movie theaters instead, but GuP was several years ago.


Actas is an animation studio that has an infamous reputation of experiencing production issues/delays when it comes to doing weekly TV anime production schedule. The 2 anime projects that they handled on their own had production issues/delays, namely Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars and Long Riders!. The GuP and Princess Principal production committee might have wisen up on that and possibly thought that releasing it as movies will be more profitable for them than airing it on TV, so the 6-part movie series release schedule was adopted by GuP and PriPri.

Princess Principal TV series was a co-production between Studio 3Hz and Actas so it did not encountered any production issues/delays during its TV run in Japan. But now that Studio 3Hz is out, Actas is solely producing the Princess Principal movies, so it will be done with the 6-part movie thing.


Last edited by Zen119 on Thu May 06, 2021 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber



Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Posts: 2959
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Excellent! Definitely picking these up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Millhi



Joined: 20 Feb 2017
Posts: 90
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Zen119 wrote:
tsog wrote:
But what's up with Actas and 6-part movie sequels? If it was recent I'd guess it's due to lack of TV slots and they decide to release to movie theaters instead, but GuP was several years ago.


Actas is an animation studio that has an infamous reputation of experiencing production issues/delays when it comes to doing weekly TV anime production schedule. The 2 anime projects that they handled on their own had production issues/delays, namely Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars and Long Riders!. The GuP and Princess Principal production committee might have wisen up on that and possibly thought that releasing it as movies will be more profitable for them than airing it on TV, so the 6-part movie series release schedule was adopted by GuP and PriPri.

Princess Principal TV series was a co-production between Studio 3Hz and Actas so it did not encountered any production issues/delays during its TV run in Japan. But now that Studio 3Hz is out, Actas is solely producing the Princess Principal movies, so it will be done with the 6-part movie thing.


It's a Bandai decision, not an Actas decision.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angel M Cazares
Subscriber



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 4801
Location: Iscandar
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Great. With how Sentai has struggled to acquire new anime, them licensing these movies was not a given. I look forward to watching these movies; hopefully they don't take more than 3 years to come out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
MFrontier



Joined: 13 Apr 2014
Posts: 1675
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I figured they would license it, but still, good news! Especially with it streaming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MarshalBanana



Joined: 31 Aug 2014
Posts: 4252
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:02 am Reply with quote
[quote="Zen119"]
tsog wrote:
he 2 anime projects that they handled on their own had production issues/delays, namely Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars
Oh yeah I remember that they had to go back and redo some cuts from that show, as they weren't done correctly or lacked detail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
John Thacker



Joined: 28 Oct 2013
Posts: 924
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:15 am Reply with quote
Millhi wrote:
It's a Bandai decision, not an Actas decision.


Six part movies is a fair way to describe Gundam the Origin or the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 releases, where they all technically premiered as event screenings, with near simultaneous sales of a home video version. Is this similar?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group