• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sci-Fi Adventure Anime Eden Unveils New Trailer, More Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatMoonGuy

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 3:17 am Reply with quote
I read the words "Eden" and "sci-fi" in the same sentence and all I can think of is the Endou Hiroki manga. But this looks like quite te opposite of it, really.
Key

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:44 am Reply with quote
Conceptually, this sounds a lot like a redo of 1998's Kurogane Communication.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:17 am Reply with quote
The English cast:

Ruby Rose (Sara)
David Tennant (E92)
Rosario Dawson (A37)
JP Karliak (S566)
Neil Patrick Harris (Zero)
Cassandra Lee Morris (Zurich)
Julie Nathanson (Geneva)

Source: https://digitallifeasia.com/2021/05/12/eden-english-dub-features-ruby-rose-david-tennant/
ab2143

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:34 am Reply with quote
David Tennant?? Hmm

Last edited by ab2143 on Wed May 12, 2021 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:47 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
The English cast:

Ruby Rose (Sara)
David Tennant (E92)
Rosario Dawson (A37)
JP Karliak (S566)
Julie Nathanson (Geneva)

Source: https://digitallifeasia.com/2021/05/12/eden-english-dub-features-ruby-rose-david-tennant/

Is this even trustworthy?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:01 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
The English cast:

Ruby Rose (Sara)
David Tennant (E92)
Rosario Dawson (A37)
JP Karliak (S566)
Julie Nathanson (Geneva)

If true, I really underestimated Ruby Rose's ability to sound like a kid.
db5007

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:42 pm Reply with quote
It's actually Ruby Rose Turner playing the part of Sara.
ab2143

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:24 pm Reply with quote
db5007 wrote:
It's actually Ruby Rose Turner playing the part of Sara.

So it's fair to say that the English dub cast provided in the link above is false?
db5007

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:26 pm Reply with quote
The list above is actually correct. They only correction is that Ruby Rose's last name is missing. It should be "Ruby Rose Turner"
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:32 pm Reply with quote
db5007 wrote:
The list above is actually correct. They only correction is that Ruby Rose's last name is missing. It should be "Ruby Rose Turner"

Yeah, looks like there’s more than one Ruby Rose. Still, Tennant, Dawson, and NPH are some wicked impressive castings!
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
The English cast:

Ruby Rose (Sara)
David Tennant (E92)
Rosario Dawson (A37)
JP Karliak (S566)
Julie Nathanson (Geneva)

Yeah, you can definitely hear a couple of those actors in the trailer. Its also been a while since Neil Patrick Harris has done any voice acting.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:16 am Reply with quote
I was right on target that was David Tennant providing the voice of E92 from the trailer. However, I am quite surprised on Ruby Rose Taylor providing the voice of Sara even I was fooled into thinking that was Cassandra Lee Morris (who now is voicing Zurich) providing the voice of Sara in the trailer until Ruby Rose's name was revealed. I also love the other castings for Rosario Dawson and Neil Patrick Harris respectively along with the Voice actor regulars consisting of Cassandra Lee Morris, JP Karliak, and Julie Nathanson.

It's good to see Netflix starting to use A-B list celebrity talent in some of their anime dub productions lately as shown with Flavors of Youth, Rilakkuma and Kaoru, Ultraman (2019), and Yasuke. Come to think of it, we haven't had an anime series, in particular, a Union dub anime series utilizing celebrity talent for a while since IGPX (which had the likes of Haley Joel Osment, Michelle Rodriguez, Lance Henriksen and Mark Hamill), Afro Samurai (with Samuel L. Jackson), Marvel Anime: Wolverine (with Milo Ventimiglia) and Marvel Anime: Blade (with Harold Perrineau and Milo) and of course, Rilakkuma and Kaoru (which had Lana Condor), Ultraman (with Josh Hutcherson), and Yasuke (which had Lakeith Stanfield, Ming-Na Wen, etc.) which I previously mentioned.

KitKat1721 wrote:
omnistry wrote:
The English cast:

Ruby Rose (Sara)
David Tennant (E92)
Rosario Dawson (A37)
JP Karliak (S566)
Julie Nathanson (Geneva)

Yeah, you can definitely hear a couple of those actors in the trailer. Its also been a while since Neil Patrick Harris has done any voice acting.

The last voiceover Neil did was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 where he returned as Steve, but in terms, for TV series it was The Penguins of Madagascar as Dr. Blowhole. Come to think of it this is the first Anime dubbing project Neil Patrick Harris has done.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:20 am Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:
db5007 wrote:

Yeah, looks like there’s more than one Ruby Rose. Still, Tennant, Dawson, and NPH are some wicked impressive castings!

Yup and it's been a while since we had an anime series, in particular, a Union dub anime series utilizing celebrity talent since IGPX (which had the likes of Haley Joel Osment, Michelle Rodriguez, Lance Henriksen and Mark Hamill), Afro Samurai (with Samuel L. Jackson), Marvel Anime: Wolverine (with Milo Ventimiglia) and Marvel Anime: Blade (with Harold Perrineau and Milo), Rilakkuma and Kaoru (which had Lana Condor), Ultraman (with Josh Hutcherson), and Yasuke (which had Lakeith Stanfield, Ming-Na Wen, etc.) the latter 3 which are Netflix Originals.
bravesirz

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 2:02 am Reply with quote
At least, when Sentai or whoever goes to release this on physical media in 5 years, it’ll make since why they can’t afford to use Netflix’s English dub.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:04 am Reply with quote
bravesirz wrote:
At least, when Sentai or whoever goes to release this on physical media in 5 years, it’ll make since why they can’t afford to use Netflix’s English dub.

Minor nitpick, but Hero Mask and Baki were released around 2-3 years ago to get redubbed but yeah, that could happen unless the home video licensor has enough money to afford it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2