• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast for 'Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Ev

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:46 am Reply with quote
Wow, Johnny Yong Bosch in the lead role? That's enough reason for me to check out the dub.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:33 am Reply with quote
And here I thought Please Twins! would be the only anime where JYB is anything close to a harem protagonist.

Seriously though, this series sounds mean-spirited as all hell, but this casting choice is honestly making me consider watching it, if only as mockery bait.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:01 am Reply with quote
Bosch is a pleasant surprise.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:41 am Reply with quote
I wasn't expecting to see Johnny in this, but it does fit with taking an established leading man VA and putting them in the role of someone who keeps failing in being that kind of character. Johnny's also good at Snarky underdogs, so I think he'll fit Hiro well.

I believe this is Natalie Van Sistine's first lead role? Cool! I mean, Reona's kind of a polarizing female character, but I'm sure she'll do a great job. I guess I'm only a little disappointed they didn't keep the SAO in-joke like on the Japanese side, which makes me worried they won't get Bryce for Kamui, but that's not a major deal.

Kayli as Alicia is going to be a lot of fun.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Decent looking cast but its not enough for me to check out the show or dub.
harminia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:53 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I guess I'm only a little disappointed they didn't keep the SAO in-joke like on the Japanese side, which makes me worried they won't get Bryce for Kamui, but that's not a major deal.

I hope they get Bryce. It was such a good in-joke in the anime, it'd be a shame to not get him in.
Villain-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:06 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I wasn't expecting to see Johnny in this, but it does fit with taking an established leading man VA and putting them in the role of someone who keeps failing in being that kind of character. Johnny's also good at Snarky underdogs, so I think he'll fit Hiro well.

I believe this is Natalie Van Sistine's first lead role? Cool! I mean, Reona's kind of a polarizing female character, but I'm sure she'll do a great job. I guess I'm only a little disappointed they didn't keep the SAO in-joke like on the Japanese side, which makes me worried they won't get Bryce for Kamui, but that's not a major deal.

Kayli as Alicia is going to be a lot of fun.
Is the SAO joke in episode 1? If so what was it. If not, I'll consider that a spoiler so a spoiler tag please for it but what episode was it in? I am not watching this subbed btw, been waiting for the dub.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:34 pm Reply with quote
^Well, someone said the character of Kamui who appears in Ep4 and sporadically onward is voiced by the Japanese VA for Kirito so that is as far as the "joke" extends. BTW, he doesn't sound like Kirito...However, I can't wait to hear JYB doing Hiro's occasional "girl voice" when he's upset like in the current episode Smile
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Villain-chan wrote:
Is the SAO joke in episode 1? If so what was it. If not, I'll consider that a spoiler so a spoiler tag please for it but what episode was it in? I am not watching this subbed btw, been waiting for the dub.

There's a few SAO jokes but I was thinking of how Reona, a big-busted fairy girl, is voiced by Japanese Leafa.
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
^Well, someone said the character of Kamui who appears in Ep4 and sporadically onward is voiced by the Japanese VA for Kirito so that is as far as the "joke" extends. BTW, he doesn't sound like Kirito...However, I can't wait to hear JYB doing Hiro's occasional "girl voice" when he's upset like in the current episode Smile

I think Kamui is definitely a deliberate Kirito parody.
TheAnonymousUsual

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:52 am Reply with quote
I'd pay good money to hear Bryce deliver Kamui's lines, particularly in this latest episode. Hearing the voice of Kirito deliver that dialog (assuming a decent script adaptation) would really up the comedy value...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1