• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Newspaper Ad Promoting Attack on Titan Final Volume Shows Eren Getting "Isekai-ed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olgita

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Isayama doesn't disappoint.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I would read this. Let's see it go a few volumes or so.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Since Isayama has a tendency to write subtle comedy especially in some volumes' final pages like where he added a fake twist of Eren waking up from bed and saying "So this manga was all a dream", I wouldn't him writing a miniisekai based on his skills rather than other guys who also tried doing comical takes on the series but it didn't work well.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I can see it:

"I wanted to kill all titans, but ended in another world and now I have to take care of an alpaca farm!!"
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The glib title is a reference to Fuse's That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime novels, which has a manga adaptation also published by Kodansha.

It's like a reference to most isekai, let's be real here. Made me smile waaaay too hard. Very Happy
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:29 pm Reply with quote
olgita wrote:
Isayama doesn't disappoint.

As well as Truck-kun. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ballisius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:42 pm Reply with quote
the title tho Laughing
ItAintEazy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:18 am Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
It's like a reference to most isekai, let's be real here. Made me smile waaaay too hard. Very Happy

I agree, I didn't see the "title" as a parody of any particular series, it just pokes fun at how too many light novel titles in general are basically summaries.
simona.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:17 am Reply with quote
I love it Anime hyper
JonDoe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:45 pm Reply with quote
This reminds me of those fake previews Isayama includes at the end of each volume. For a guy who created a dark fantasy series he's always had a great sense of humor

Btw, I love the bit with the frog. If only Aqua were that Lucky.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:09 pm Reply with quote
While this seems a bit goofy and silly,here's what I think Isayama could have done. He could have had Eren waking up from a horrible nightmare. He's in modern day America in his room and then having to get ready to go to school. Leaving his apartment,he runs into his old friend,Mikasa Ackerman. He tells her about these nightmares he's been having,about how he can transform into these weird giant-like things that smash everything in sight. Mikasa tells him that he should talk to someone about these sorts of dreams,like their school counselor.
When they get to school,Eren and Mikasa think it's just going to be a normal day,except it isn't. It happens after school,when they're ready to go home. Mikasa says she's going to have some fun with her friends for a while. Eren waves goodbye as he goes home. Just then,some people try to grab her and Eren seeing this gets mad and suddenly becomes a Titan,scaring off the bad guys and leaving Mikasa absolutely shocked. What do you guys think about that?
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
”That Time I Briefly Reincarnated Into Japan But Then Died and Got Reborn Into Another World Where Nobody Seemed to Care That Much About Me Until I Tried Transforming Into a Titan For a Bit and Now Suddenly Everyone's Fussing Over Me in the Palm of My Hand."

I would read this spin-off Laughing
I would also read a full volume of “Attack on High School Castes”
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:38 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Quote:
”That Time I Briefly Reincarnated Into Japan But Then Died and Got Reborn Into Another World Where Nobody Seemed to Care That Much About Me Until I Tried Transforming Into a Titan For a Bit and Now Suddenly Everyone's Fussing Over Me in the Palm of My Hand."

I would read this spin-off Laughing

well , this is how the vladimir putin isekai got started.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
That Time I Briefly Reincarnated Into Japan But Then Died and Got Reborn Into Another World Where Nobody Seemed to Care That Much About Me Until I Tried Transforming Into a Titan For a Bit and Now Suddenly Everyone's Fussing Over Me in the Palm of My Hand.

ROFL, that's well done Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1