• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Anime - Why ODDTAXI is Must-Watch TV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamisu66

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Peach it, fellow Odd Taxi evangelicals!
There are 2 other shows I watched this season that I thought equally exceptional, but this was the one I looked forward to each week. I'm going to miss my weekly dose of of ironic, surly surrealism.
gsilver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to really miss the show. I got excited about it after seeing the trailer, and it has not disappointed. Even if they do mess up the ending (and I *really* doubt that, as the first half of the finale came together very nicely this week) the ride has been so good that Odd Taxi will almost certainly be my anime of the year.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for this series to end so I can get started on the first (of many, I'm sure) re-watches.
a_Bear_in_Bearcave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:39 am Reply with quote
OddTaxi is amazing show both in its uniqueness compared to most anime titles and its very tight writing. After Vivy collapsed halfway through OddTaxi is now my absolute favorite for the AOTS - 86 and Megalobox are also great, but they have some weaker moments and episodes.
Peebs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm also holding fast to the theory that he has fursona-vision, and the only reason the show looks like it does is that we're seeing people through his perspective. I will be vindicated in the finale, and all doubters will be ashamed of their words and deeds.

I always wondered why the first scene of the OP has Odakawa standing outside his cab with a cat, a regular looking cat approaching him, while all the characters are furries. So maybe it's the above quote and the last episode will have the 2nd biggest reveal and it will be everybody's human forms. Idea
Bexarath

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:24 am Reply with quote
TFW when Odokawa is referred to as an old man and I'm the same age as he is. Anime cry

Anyway, this series is easily my favorite of the season. I haven't seen writing this tight since Hot Fuzz, one of my favorite movies. Really stoked for the finale.
gpanthony

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Bexarath wrote:
TFW when Odokawa is referred to as an old man and I'm the same age as he is. Anime cry

Anyway, this series is easily my favorite of the season. I haven't seen writing this tight since Hot Fuzz, one of my favorite movies. Really stoked for the finale.

More people need to know about this show, for the greater good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1