• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HIDIVE Adds Yuki Yuna Is a Hero Television Anime, Shorts to Catalog

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyokun47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Quick correction: only the first season got a dub, HiDive said they only have S1 in both languages, and the rest would be sub-only!
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:52 pm Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
Quick correction: only the first season got a dub, HiDive said they only have S1 in both languages, and the rest would be sub-only!

Now the question is, will Sentai dub the S3 and S2 ?
kyokun47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Farhanawesome wrote:
Man I truly hope lol. I'm sure it fully depends on how well S3 does simulcasting, but if they do dub it, I doubt they'd get the original cast. I'm pretty sure that one was an LA dub.
Nate148

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:44 pm Reply with quote
here is hopeing sentai puts out s1 and 2
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:01 am Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
Farhanawesome wrote:
Man I truly hope lol. I'm sure it fully depends on how well S3 does simulcasting, but if they do dub it, I doubt they'd get the original cast. I'm pretty sure that one was an LA dub.

Same here, I'm also hoping for S2 and 3 (maybe even Churotto?) to get the dub treatment, and if possible to get the cast from S1's dub.

Nate148 wrote:

If you mean for home video, that's going to be a while. What would be more cost efficient is to better put S1 through S3 and the Churotto shorts in one big collection for a decent price.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:17 am Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
Nate148 wrote:

If you mean for home video, that's going to be a while. What would be more cost efficient is to better put S1 through S3 and the Churotto shorts in one big collection for a decent price.

Interesting that Pony Canyon USA's products page no longer lists Yuki Yuna, either as singles or the S1 box set. Would be nice to know when that disappeared (I checked archive.org, but it hasn't crawled that page since 2019).
09jcg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:51 am Reply with quote
I'm glad the first 2 seasons are being released again. Yuki Yuna is a bit of an underrated gem, and with a show that's as (surprisingly) lore heavy as it is, jumping in on the third season is a bit much.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:09 am Reply with quote
Very pleased to see that Sentai picked all of this one up; the franchise is plenty good enough to deserve more exposure. The S1 dub was a strong one, so glad to hear they got that, too.

If Sentai does eventually release it physically, I wonder if they will get any of the extras from the deluxe Pony Canyon release? As expensive as they were, those had some quality stuff included. (I still occasionally listen to the OST, which includes techno-remix version of the staple themes, and the included interviews were very insightful.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pengin senshi
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

If Sentai does eventually release it physically, I wonder if they will get any of the extras from the deluxe Pony Canyon release? As expensive as they were, those had some quality stuff included. (I still occasionally listen to the OST, which includes techno-remix version of the staple themes, and the included interviews were very insightful.)

The soundtracks were a mixed bag for me, but I still need to read those interviews Laughing

At least I know these materials were translated by someone who knew English, unlike the Denki-gai extras that sounded like they were machine translated... (I only bought the first Denki-gai set anyway to get another pre-order bonus for Yuki Yuna, but the extra storyboard sketch wasn't worth it...)
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:25 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote:
Nate148 wrote:

Interesting that Pony Canyon USA's products page no longer lists Yuki Yuna, either as singles or the S1 box set. Would be nice to know when that disappeared (I checked archive.org, but it hasn't crawled that page since 2019).

Yeah, funny that its no longer mentioned on the products page on PonyCan's US site, not only that, RightStuf no longer lists Vol's. 1 and 3 anymore (Vol.2 and the S1 collection were OOP a while back), as they used to be "RightStuf Exclusive" before Sentai got the license to Yuki Yuna.

As for Key mentioning the extras in the previous release, who knows if they'll include them if a physical (re)release happens.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Very pleased to see that Sentai picked all of this one up; the franchise is plenty good enough to deserve more exposure. The S1 dub was a strong one, so glad to hear they got that, too.

I sure do hope they give it a physical release. This remains one of the series I most want to own, but refused to get before now. For all of the complaints about Aniplex's pricing Ponycan was even worse. Quality extras or not. I'd also enjoy a dub of the rest of the material thus far, but I'll settle for no dub if it means owning some BR's at a reasonable price.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1