• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Game Anime Sequel Confirmed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryusui

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
...And the new "Master Rules" are set to be introduced in the next expansion.

This "coincidence" has me deeply, deeply scared.
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote
So... let's milk the series even more, yeah?
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Konami and NAS should've so adapted Yu-Gi-Oh! R, and not make more new stuff.

And what is 5D suppused to mean? GX is Generation neXt, but 5D? Some super 3d thing where the kids use their cards to determine the outcome or something? Just odd. Then agian, the fact that they have a Manga series, although conflicts the original story, standing at the helms, just asking to bring the thing back to popularity, but not adapting it. But ofcourse that can't happen.
Nebs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote
5D's stands for 5 Dragons. Supposedly the series is about obtaining 5 legendary dragons. Some more info:

http://nebs66.livejournal.com/579305.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
great -_- milk it for all it's worth.

I'd rather have Yu-Gi-Oh R animated.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote
1998's Yugioh, Yugioh: Duel Monsters, Capsule Monsters, and Yugioh GX. 5 series. Personally (as someone whose only scene full episodes of Duel Monsters), I think they are just destroying the essence of this seris. Hell, Yugioh GX should not have the name "Yugioh" in the title because it really isn't about either Yugis.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Hell, Yugioh GX should not have the name "Yugioh" in the title because it really isn't about either Yugis.

*sigh* Thought this was well known a while ago, Yu-Gi-Oh if translated into English, if I recall correctly, means something akin to "King Of Games".
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Thing is, he left after the memory arc.

I'm with the YGO-R crowd. Though this gettin' mah m:tg in yer Kamen Rider sounds delightfuly stupid.

GX was just geting good, too. Yuki actuly being more than a happy go lucky goit.

Ah well.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote
And here I thought it would die out with GX.

I guess Yu-Gi-Oh! (they really should change the name now >.>) will last a very long time...
Tamsin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
*sigh* Thought this was well known a while ago, Yu-Gi-Oh if translated into English, if I recall correctly, means something akin to "King Of Games".

Yeah, I assumed that the idea was that the later series have their own protagonists taking over the title... but it rather loses the punning element without a Yugi (seeing as it can mean 'King Yugi' as well).
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Hang on- I thought R was the manga adaptation of the Doma story arc? In other words, it's already been animated?
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
Hang on- I thought R was the manga adaptation of the Doma story arc? In other words, it's already been animated?

Not to my understanding, which I'd admit, is limited, due to me not reading Scanlations, if I remember correctly, the story is an alternate storyline that happens after Duelist Kingdom, and replaces some of the original storylines with it's own. Effectively, the series is a "what if the stuff after Duelist Kingdom didn't happen". Or an alternate telling of the story, I guess. Someone who's actually reading the series should be able to help you much better than I can.
Ryusui

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I've been collecting the Japanese graphic novels for R, and it's set after Battle City, not Duelist Kingdom.

Just in case you don't recall, Yugi has the God Cards (one of which is not named "Slifer the Sky Dragon"), and a big point is made in the beginning of Yakou Tenma's Devils being generally more powerful than them.

Speaking of the Slifer debacle, I'm glad to see that while the Devils have been bowlderized, "The Wicked" is a better replacement for "The Devil's" than simply "Dark" as per the video games. (And while "Dread-Root" is still missing a hyphen, they did spell it right, as opposed to the Konami games' "Dreadroute". -_-Wink

And I'll probably boycott the U.S. release of Yu-Gi-Oh! R if it ever comes, for one good reason: the scene where Yugi summarily torches the next Duel Professor with Osiris is just too awesome to be spoiled by a crappy paean to a 4Kids monkey. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1