• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Executioner and Her Way of Life Anime Teased in English-Subtitled Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerodynamic41

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:25 am Reply with quote
I really loved the LN so I can't wait for this! I was hoping to see spoiler[Momo and Ashuna] in the trailer but I guess that will come later.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:28 am Reply with quote
Warner Bros Japan is producing this? If so, then I'm getting the feeling this could go to Netflix.
evan77

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:36 am Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Warner Bros Japan is producing this? If so, then I'm getting the feeling this could go to Netflix.

No, trailer are playing at the anime NYC as well, so it will be in Crunchyroll
netflix is not in Anime NYC
Key

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:40 am Reply with quote
Also read the first LN. The concept (the powers granted to the isekai individuals tend to go catastrophically out of control, so those in the fantasy world have to deal with them before they can devastate entire landscapes) is an interesting enough twist, and while it's not openly yuri content, the subtext is strongly there. The title seemed like a natural for an eventual anime adaptation, so I look forward to seeing how it plays out in animated form.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TanyaTheEvil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:55 am Reply with quote
I am so looking forward to this, I love stories like this
Jay_Stone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:37 pm Reply with quote
The soundtrack (especially the piano part) combined with the distortion, gave me such a chilling feeling. I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy this one a lot.
earl.m

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:13 pm Reply with quote
In a sense it is true because yuri and BL is a small percentage of the anime, manga and LN industry overall. Otherwise ... I've Been Killing Slimes for 100 Years and Maxed Out My Level? Didn't I Say Make My Abilities Average In The Next Life? (There is a whole subgenre of these, including a similar anime that will air in 2022). Also: My Next Life as a Villainess? (Represents another subgenre which also has an upcoming anime adaptation.)

Speaking of which, there is also a subgenre of reverse isekai heroines like Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (Tohru is actually the character referred to in the title), Dropkick on My Devil etc. So there are actually quite a few of these with - again - more on the way.

While female isekai lead thing started with Fushigi Yuigi, Vision of Escaflowne and similar, these days an isekai or reverse isekai anime is going to have an all-female cast (save antagonists and - in the case of Bofuri - token minor characters that aren't romance options) half the time if not more.
LastPage 3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Also read the first LN. The concept (the powers granted to the isekai individuals tend to go catastrophically out of control, so those in the fantasy world have to deal with them before they can devastate entire landscapes) is an interesting enough twist

Yeah, the magic system in this series is really interesting. This is one of the things I love about this series

Quote:
and while it's not openly yuri content, the subtext is strongly there

As a LN reader myself, I can tell you, it only gets stronger from here.

Quote:
The title seemed like a natural for an eventual anime adaptation, so I look forward to seeing how it plays out in animated form.

Yeah. Still can't believe Seven Spellblades hasn't gotten an anime yet.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:09 pm Reply with quote
So she basically assassinates Isekai kids until she ends up paired up with the last one she sets her sights on?
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:36 pm Reply with quote
This is phenomenal news. As one of my favourite current Isekai LN titles (the world is so much better than it has any right to be and I love it for that) I'm very excited to see this one get an anime adaptation. Plus, it's an adaptation that seems to translate the art so well too! Very excited for this one.
Kitsu Kyouno

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:36 am Reply with quote
finally after so many silly harem fantasies for men we have something for us Anime cry
monsieurb1982

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Good news. I'm happy there's a new (even if not explicit) yuri title soon. That's been long since the last one.
harminia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:42 pm Reply with quote
To people who read the series, does it get better after book 1? I read the first novel because people told me it was good, but I found it a bit generic and didn't really like any of the characters much (they were pretty generic too). (I also found some of the fight scenes confusing, like the red element thing on the train, but that just might be me).

I'm not sure if I want to commit to buying another volume if it doesn't get better.
Cryten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:32 am Reply with quote
Kitsu Kyouno wrote:
finally after so many silly harem fantasies for men we have something for us Anime cry

Given the show did a double take on looking at her draw her hidden blade from her thigh pouch and feature her rubbing up to and nibbling a male characters ear I am not sure this isnt for men's fantasies.

I almost thought the show was a POV (point of view) animation for a minute. With the first half of the preview featuring front on shots to the camera and several shots of male dude with face not visable on camera.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:26 pm Reply with quote
This is one that had my attention. Trailer looked pretty great. I will BD this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1