• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yoshihiro Togashi Teases Hunter x Hunter Manga's Return with 4 New Chapters

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:25 am Reply with quote
So ten more chapters than AWOL for years again?
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 10:48 am Reply with quote
I'm so happy he's back! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:15 am Reply with quote
Judging by that comment I guess he will draw more. The last chapter before the hiatus was insane with huge amount of text to the point it felt like a light novel
Cimarosa

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:29 am Reply with quote
Life is worth living again. AMEN
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 11:52 am Reply with quote
At least he's setting reasonable expectations with the "four chapters for now" part.

I understand why he doesn't want to, but I still wish Togashi would let them hire an artist for him to collaborate with.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm really hoping that his groove to draw will continue on. Anime hyper Ugh, I would love to see the ending of this manga. I watched the 90's anime rendition of this and have rewatched it so many times. Anime cry Yoshihiro-sensei let's go!
Serinox

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 1:00 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Judging by that comment I guess he will draw more. The last chapter before the hiatus was insane with huge amount of text to the point it felt like a light novel

You are misremembering, the chapter with "huge amount of text" (it was a bit more than usual, but nowhere near light novel level) was Chapter 389, the last chapter before the hiatus was Chapter 390, which had less text than 389.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
At least he's setting reasonable expectations with the "four chapters for now" part.

I understand why he doesn't want to, but I still wish Togashi would let them hire an artist for him to collaborate with.

I would rather he just stop than get someone else to draw it.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Don't do this to me. Don't give me hope.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what Viz’s Shonen Jump will do, since Togashi hasn’t released a single chapter in the entire time Viz’s vault has existed, so it doesn’t have any chapters available to read. I’m not sure if Togashi just isn’t giving permission, since neither HxH nor YuYu Hakusho are available on Viz’s Shonen Jump, and HxH wasn’t included in MangaPlus’ “read entire series once” campaign.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:42 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
I wonder what Viz’s Shonen Jump will do, since Togashi hasn’t released a single chapter in the entire time Viz’s vault has existed, so it doesn’t have any chapters available to read. I’m not sure if Togashi just isn’t giving permission, since neither HxH nor YuYu Hakusho are available on Viz’s Shonen Jump, and HxH wasn’t included in MangaPlus’ “read entire series once” campaign.

The last run of chapters for HxH came out right as Viz switched over from the prior digital Shonen Jump magazine to the current app & Vault, so those "latest" chapters were in fact available in the SJ Vault for a time but were eventually removed, I believe once the collected volume saw release.

If anything, that's likely what will happen: New HxH chapters will be available via the app as they come out, and then will be removed once the collected volume comes out, barring Togashi changing his mind about making his stuff available in the Vault, though his stuff is still sold digitally in volumes.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:52 pm Reply with quote
So 4 chapters this year and the next four coming in 2025 lol Go, Togashi!!! Laughing
MushroomMan674

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:10 pm Reply with quote
The love for this man and his manga is incredible. Literally made a Twitter account and a tweet today, and he's already up to nearly 1M followers and god knows how many retweets and likes.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Darn. The manga is going back to filler again? The Great Hiatus arc was just getting good the past few chapters. Come on Togashi, stop ruining the momentum.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:59 pm Reply with quote
10 more chapters then another 4 year hiatus Laughing

He should just end the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4