• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean Anime's 2nd Part Streams New Trailer, Reveals September

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:47 pm Reply with quote
The last batch of episodes HAS TO BE of 15 episodes, or something. This Netflix tendency of releasing episodes in these neatly rounded batches with 12 episodes and no more than those has me worried about how much they're rushing this anime.

At this point, I think it was a Netflix mandate even if David Production was still producing this anime.
SP654

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:52 pm Reply with quote
So they make us wait 9 months for JUST 12 EPISODES!!! JoJo was better off in Crunchyroll!
Zeino

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:00 am Reply with quote
Well, at least this batch of episodes looks to be a bit more polished in animation than the first part. Still isn't worth the loss of JoJo Fridays or having to wait nine months for more. And I bet the final cour won't be out until mid-2023 at earliest.
ZelosZoidberg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:11 am Reply with quote
I had just canceled Netflix after 13-14 years and looks like I'll be subbing again for a month just for this and BASTARD!! Just when I think I'm out they pull me right back in...
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:22 am Reply with quote
"It's been 84 years..."
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:20 am Reply with quote
They really went with 36 eps as this batch is again only 12 eps. This will lead to a very hurried finale in ep 35 & 36 and if there is only one JoJo Part that needs breathing room then it is this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:44 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Well, at least this batch of episodes looks to be a bit more polished in animation than the first part. Still isn't worth the loss of JoJo Fridays or having to wait nine months for more. And I bet the final cour won't be out until mid-2023 at earliest.

Yes, very sad again.
ssjtennis1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:01 am Reply with quote
The Not so Chosen One wrote:

At this point, I think it was a Netflix mandate even if David Production was still producing this anime.

I highly doubt Netflix had anything to do with it, especially since the co-creator of David productions has a leading role at Netflix Japan. I guess technically if he decided to “mandate” it that would be a Netflix decision so you would be right about that.
Hero Mask’s first 15 of 24 were released in a batch, the Great Pretender’s first 15 or 16 was the same, as were the first 13 of 24 for Bastard. There’s a chance 15 more episodes are on the way if 39 episodes was the plan from the get go.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:16 am Reply with quote
Jolyne gets deeper into prison to save her dad, F.F. fights to validate her own existence, Narciso finally talks and wants to romance Jolyne, Ermes gets personal, and Jolyne and Pucci finally square off.
Glordit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:40 am Reply with quote
ssjtennis1 wrote:

I highly doubt Netflix had anything to do with it, especially since the co-creator of David productions has a leading role at Netflix Japan. I guess technically if he decided to “mandate” it that would be a Netflix decision so you would be right about that.
Hero Mask’s first 15 of 24 were released in a batch, the Great Pretender’s first 15 or 16 was the same, as were the first 13 of 24 for Bastard. There’s a chance 15 more episodes are on the way if 39 episodes was the plan from the get go.

Just to add to this.

I have gotten to tired of seeing the "Netflix bad" "Netflix ruined anime" "Netflix is to blame for shows being split" comments. Netflix isn't even on the production as far as I can tell, they just bought the rights to stream it internationally.

I am certain Netflix would have loved to get all the episodes at once, or even stream them weekly like some others shows but it appears that DavidsPro was given the choice to split it into parts and took that route as opposed to running into production problems. I believe Golden Wind only wrapped up production a couple of weeks before the series ended, personally I wouldn't have liked to have worked one major accident away from a total disaster.
Matros

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:14 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
ssjtennis1 wrote:

Just to add to this.

I have gotten to tired of seeing the "Netflix bad" "Netflix ruined anime" "Netflix is to blame for shows being split" comments. Netflix isn't even on the production as far as I can tell, they just bought the rights to stream it internationally.

I am certain Netflix would have loved to get all the episodes at once, or even stream them weekly like some others shows but it appears that DavidsPro was given the choice to split it into parts and took that route as opposed to running into production problems. I believe Golden Wind only wrapped up production a couple of weeks before the series ended, personally I wouldn't have liked to have worked one major accident away from a total disaster.

Then I have some news for you, people working on Part 6 say the production is absolutely on fire behind the scenes and arguably worse than Part 5's in some aspects. They still have to meet the deadlines and deliver the batches so that Netflix could dub the show in every language imagianable.
igiari21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:21 am Reply with quote
Matros wrote:

Then I have some news for you, people working on Part 6 say the production is absolutely on fire behind the scenes and arguably worse than Part 5's in some aspects. They still have to meet the deadlines and deliver the batches so that Netflix could dub the show in every language imagianable.

Source on this?
-Matthew-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:41 pm Reply with quote
So much delay time again.
The Not so Chosen One

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
Just to add to this.

I guess if you have gotten tired of people rightfully complaining about Netflix's practices and the probability that those affected this anime's production, then you shouldn't read or reply to comments like those and saving yourself the outrage.

ssjtennis1 wrote:

I seriously hope that's the plan from the start, because otherwise we're gonna get a very rushed ending overall. The last two Parts were 39 episodes adapting the same amount of manga volumes each, give or take; adapting less than that for Stone Ocean would only confirm the fact that there was Netflix meddling in producing this show.

ssjtennis1 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I said. That if there's a mandate for this weird release system, it would come from Netflix.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1